1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

A quick question about Shard Shield travel or Character Transfers

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Val Van Wolf, Nov 21, 2014.

1. Val Van Wolf

Val Van Wolf Seasoned Veteran

Have there been any big problems lately with either way of getting from one shard to another? I don't want to lose important items and gold that I may move to another shard either with a shield visit or a forever transfer. Thanks for any tips or warnings...

2. Barok

Barok Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

There are rumors that a pack animal may get left behind now and then. As a precaution, friend your packies to a character on another account so that if it does get left behind you can get the stuff in it's backpack before the packie goes wild and drops it on the ground.

3. Poo

Poo The Grandest of the PooBah’s
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor 4H

you cant take packies with ya on shard shields.
    ive done..... i dont even know how many shard shields jumps and ive never had a problem or lost an item.
    ive probably done 50 normal transfers over they years and ive never had any problems either, i just make sure all the pack animals are recently commanded and away i go.

4. Val Van Wolf

Val Van Wolf Seasoned Veteran

Thanks Barok and Poo. Great idea about friending packies to another account. At the moment I'm using a shard shield to move my crafter to my second shard to craft for their castle, then back home in a few days. First castle I've had in 17 years!

5. Poo

Poo The Grandest of the PooBah’s
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor 4H

you have a castle on another shard and you dont have a mule on that shard?
    sounds like its time to make another mule!

6. Scribbles

Scribbles Babbling Loonie
    Professional Alumni

I do tons of shard shield jumps and done my fair share of character transfer token jumps. I had a problem once and only once. my only complaint was how long it took to get a hold of someone to actually fix. The character disappeared for a bit and an email to Mesanna fixed the problem in time.

However ive never lost an item, had items turn "non-vendorable" or anything remotely gone wrong other than that one time.

Over all im pretty happy with the way shield tokens and character tokens work.

Obsidian likes this.