1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

A rare "Thank you Devs!" thread (RE: Doom)

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Ravahan, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Ravahan

Ravahan Guest

Just wanted to say thank you SO much for listening to the players and giving us the ToT drop system in Doom. It happened while I was on hiatus, so I was quite suprised when I reactivated my main account and immediately went out to check on the validity of the claim.

For the first time ever, my archer which almost always had rights, got an arty.

I've been back multiple times, and in the last month of casual Doom play I've gotten; Tunic of Fire, Holy Knight's Breastplate, Ornament of the Magician, and (tonight) Ring of the Vile. This is out of three trips (though I do camp out until I'm forced to leave due to durability/arrows or get a high value drop)!

This is one of the many things you've listened to us on, and I know you hear a lot of belly aching-- No way I could do your job!

Thanks SO much! You've made Doom fun and rewarding!

2. Harlequin

Harlequin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

3. Beefcake101

Beefcake101 Guest

I want to test this out this weekend. I have never got a drop in doom. I want to see if i can solo a few beast there with my dragon. Can this be done and /or has anyone done it? greater dragon with max stats and thinking, i will take provoke off my soul stone.

4. Harlequin

Harlequin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Yes it can be done. Many people use GDs, Cu, Rune beetles there. But be prepared for an extended stay (ie bring bandaids, extra instruments, loot gold off corspes to buy bandaids from the NPC there).

Sometimes, you may not do enough damage if there are lots of warriors (16+ with slayers/maxed di/ssi) in there to get looting rights. But stick with it. And use spells.

5. rwek

rwek Guest

i dont think your dragon can solo a DF.

so when its empty, you're going to have to log.

6. Just FYI, any character can repair a bow that has not dropped more than 20% of it's durability even if they don't have the Bowcraft/Fletching skill as long as they have the tool to do so. I always carry one on my archer when I go to Doom to extend my stay.

7. Leurocian

Leurocian UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran

You're welcome. Wilki and I had a lot of fun working on that.

Patrick "Leurocian" Malott
    Lead Game Designer, Ultima Online
    Mythic Entertainment, an EA Studio

8. Nyses

Nyses Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

You sure can solo a DF with a G Dragon. I do it all the time, if I log into Doom and find myself alone with a DF or two.

Trick is a crowded template and a really good suit. I play a tamer with Provoke and Discord, plus as much magery as I can fit in, currently about 97 with items.

And the killing of the DF can get a little hairy. First I get the DF on my Dragon, then Disco the DF and proceed the cast GHeals as fast as I can on the dragon. As the DF spawns stuff, I provoke all the stuff onto the DF. As long as I get enough rotters on the DF, healing the GD is a snap as it is not contantly being beaten to a pulp.

The whole process usually takes about 20 minutes, but it is fun and challenging.

9. Laina

Laina Sage
    Stratics Veteran

/ signed

Definitely one of the best changes. I had spent so much time in Doom - archer, tamer, bard even swords and had never gotten a drop. I went back for the first time in forever and managed to get an artie :)

10. BardMal

BardMal Guest

Who is this Laina chick stealing my Doom run arti drops?

Hi hunnny :)

11. gjohnson5

gjohnson5 Guest

Was never a big Doom player , but will have to check it out

12. Hildebrand

Hildebrand Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

And Wilki is back!

13. /signs as well

thanks