1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Cooking] A Recipe for Blackrock Stew & A recipe for Bowl of Rotworm Stew.

Discussion in 'UO Botany and Nutrition' started by Arien, Jun 3, 2012.

1. Arien

Arien Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Can my Mage make those Quests for A Recipe for Blackrock Stew & A recipe for Bowl of Rotworm Stew without Cooking to give them my weak Char with Cooking? Or do i need Cooking to make those Quests? And are those Recipes normal Recipes or do i learn them at once ? Yes i know stupid questions but all I know is that every Char can make those Quests only one time.

2. Cailleach

Cailleach Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

My swords did the quest for my cook, so in short, yes; any char can do the quest to get the receipe for a cook :)

3. Arien

Arien Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

4. Spoontoes

Spoontoes Guest

Hi - sorry to hijack the thread but is the Blackrock stew quest still doable? From what I have read I need (what seems to be) an unfeasibly high amount of loyalty to the Ophidians to complete the quest...? Am I missing something or do I have to slog away at Ophidian loyalty before I can start the quest?

5. soulstoner

soulstoner Guest

I do believe the quest for the Blackrock Stew needs no Oph loyalty. I completed the quest with a stealther to lift the Terathan Avenger Arms from the corpses of those killed by the ongoing monster spars given the area can get overwhelming. Also the quest can only be completed with only one char per account and the recipe can be given to the cook char if obtained by different char. Here's the link with details - Good Luck :)
    A Dish Best Served Cold - UOGuide, the Ultima Online encyclopedia

6. Spoontoes

Spoontoes Guest

I sent my stealther down to talk to Salis, when I double click on him he says:

'My work must not fall into the hands of the Bane Chosen, you must prove yourself further before I can trust you'

Which I presume is the loyalty related thing - any help anyone? I really would like to get the recips as I recently procured a Bane Dragon.......

7. soulstoner

soulstoner Guest

OK yup - Sorry for the sparse info. You do need the 5k loyalty points. The good news is you can acquire those points from killing Terathans [that was added in after the bane went into hiding]. The cave NW of Spirituality gate works well - you get ~9 points a piece - so shouldn't take too long on a so-so monster killing character. You could perhaps swap stealth skill to that char if need be.

8. Spoontoes

Spoontoes Guest

zing! done - awesome - huge thanks for your help :D

soulstoner likes this.