1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

A report about training on Siege Perilous.

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by OldAsTheHills, Aug 29, 2008.

1. OldAsTheHills

OldAsTheHills Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

May 13, 2008
    At the present time, I have noticed that training only occurs for Yahaxithonix
    between 7pm CST and 10pm CST no matter whether I gained the capped
    points for my skill point level or not!

Is this some sort of statement from EA that training should only be done in
    this prime time zone 7pm to 10pm CST for Siege Perilous?

Has anyone else noticed other limitations on skill gain besides the expected

2. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Jan 5, 2001
    nope, gaining pretty normally whenever I actually remember to do it. Only got armslore to do on Dee now and I keep forgetting to do it.
  3. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Oct 25, 2004
    there are only 1000 ROT points total on seige each day to be given out to whomever first attempts to get em.

I think I will try to sell them before you use them.... :lick:

ah well - just kidding
  4. ayahuasca

ayahuasca Guest

I've never noticed any time thing, but I have just stopped gaining for no apparent reason before, though I hadn't hit my daily cap yet.
  5. UncleSham

UncleSham Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Feb 26, 2004
    a while back i too senced that my gains were beeing short changed .

i asked someone i respected in the guild and he spoke to me of what he called,

"phantom gains"

do you have some skills scroll capped but still turned up ?

say you are raising a swordsman . you have a powerscroll for 115 tactics . you've reached 115 but hope one day you get a 20 so you leave it turned up .

you still are working on swords but you run out of gains well before you should .

ive heard , if the computer sees a possable gain on that 15 you may register a "phantom" gain . a point is lost to the point you could have gotten . (if that makes any sense)

check your skills list and make sure anything that is at its current cap is "locked" . not the arrow pointing up.

i tried this and found my gains started making more sense.

not sure exactly what the numbers and logic is , but that seems to be the way the program interprets it .

hope this helps