1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

A request for a change to polymorph and the halloween costumes

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Hunters' Moon, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Hunters' Moon

Hunters' Moon Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

I request that the Devs change the no flying/no mounts rule to polymorph and the costumes. I would be able to make more of a use of polymorph and the costumes,but it limits me to foot speed at best.

Neither polymorph nor the costumes give bonus's of any sort.So I ask you,can we make the change? Also would it be possible to have the option to be able to place the costume in the talisman slot instead of the weapon slot?

2. Shinobi

Shinobi Guest

The costumes are just that...costumes. Just because I dress up as Aquaman for Halloween doesn't mean you'll catch me chattin' it up with a gaspagoo.

3. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

they would have to do new art work and they dont have the people to do that along with all the other things needed, that sadi it would be cool though thought about that along time ago with polymorph

4. Hunters' Moon

Stratics Veteran

No need to for new artwork. They could rehue a talisman,or maybe even a sash,and rename it and give it the halloween properties. If nothing else,allow for polymorph-daemon and the drake/shadow wyrm costumes to allow for flight/mount speeds. All three have wings,let us "use" them to move around with mount speeds.

5. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

It would be nice if the form changes actually made those creatures non-aggressive to you - that was the whole POINT of such disguises in myth, legend and 4 decades of gaming (well, with the exception of getting Uther Pendragon laid...).

6. WildWobble

WildWobble Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I I I I I I hmm someone has an eye problem. though the non agro vs the form your in would make sense.

7. Hunters' Moon

Stratics Veteran

I would like to see that as well,but I don't want to ask for too much. I just want mount speed and talisman slot for the costume.

8. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I'd very much like to see those changes. Considering that I often use Demon form because I RP my character as being a demon spawn. Part Succubus and part Demon. And there is a sadly missing polymorph and costume... the Succubus. What I wouldn't give for that costume/polymorph...

9. Lord X

Lord X Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Just use Necromancy and viola :)

10. Risso

Risso Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I use a mongbat costume on my gargoyle and for a while after the costumes were released I could equip it whilst flying and appear as a flying mongbat, which could move at mounted speed. The constant flapping was annoying though, just like normal gargoyles.