1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Stealing] A returning player with no knowledge in the Steeling skill

Discussion in 'UO Crime' started by DungHook, Mar 9, 2014.

1. DungHook

DungHook Adventurer

I am a returning player with no knowledge in the Steeling skill.
    That said;

Q1 (training) Are there ways to train stealing without "grinding the hours away with a friends pack horse" or steeling from passers by in fel.

I prefer to RP. Train as I live out the adventure through My character. Rather than grind.

Q2 (using) Keeping in mind my motivation is adventure, not profit. Are there way's to use the stealing skill without stealing from players. I won't be stealing from other players, I just aint into all that.

2. Speranza

Speranza Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

You can use your own packhorse. Get up to like 60 or so using dye tubs and your own horse guarding you. Once you have about 60-70 skill you can jewel it up and start getting stealables for fun. That first hump is still boring grinding but it's something...

DungHook likes this.
  3. mikni

mikni Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

When training you want to steal heavier and heavier items, one stone for every 10 skill you have. Like this;
    35-45 4 stones
    45-55 5 stones
    55-65 6 stones

DungHook likes this.
  4. the_gooch

the_gooch Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

A1) I think the best way is to grind out on the horse.

A2) There are all sorts of steal-able items in dungeons and stuff that you can take but if you seek adventure, my friend, then you will find no greater adventure than tracking a mark and stealing from their personal pack.

DungHook likes this.