1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

A sad loss

Discussion in 'UO Europa' started by Sally Buttons, Aug 2, 2012.

1. I heard some really sad news today about one of our friends. Leslie Galloway, aka the player of Duchess Isolde of Trinsic, wife of Ikus, lost her fight with cancer and passed away on July 20th. So devastated to read this, as I had only just managed to get back in touch with her in April and she sounded really positive that her chemo and other treatment would sort out the illness and get her back on her feet again, but it seems that we didn't realise how ill she really was.
    Leslie was a lovely person, although I never met her in rl at any meets due to her living so far away, her sense of humour, kindness and general niceness shone through. She was a great person to rp with as well, abd could always calm a situation with diplomacy and humour.
    Her husband wants to keep her page going and to let her UO friends know of her deathing, so if anyone needs it, she's on Facebook as Mike-Leslie Galloway so people can leave a message for her family.
    RIP Leslie xxxxxxx

2. Escaflowne

Escaflowne Crazed Zealot
    Governor Stratics Veteran

This is very sad news indeed, i had the great pleasure of roleplaying with Isolde on countless occassions, she was such a lovely player. My heart goes out to Ikus who is such a great guy.

Sally Buttons likes this.
  3. Adol

Adol Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I knew her only briefly, having met a few times during EM events; but even in passing the name Isolde had stayed with me, due to the obvious quality of mind behind the character. It's a terrible shame then to hear of her passing... My condolences to her family and to all who are left bereaved by the loss.

4. Shakkara

Shakkara Slightly Crazed

While I never had the pleasure of meeting her, I am saddened by this news and wish the best to the friends and familiy left behind. My sincere condolances to everyone involved, may you find the strength to get through this difficult time.

5. callum_fitzhugh

Sad news. A great loss. A truly great player who I had the pleasure to role play with back in the day. My condolences to her family.

6. Hartley Hare

Hartley Hare Visitor

Very sad to hear. My thoughts and prayers are with her family and friends.

Thanks Sally for letting us know.

-------

Hartley Hare - Max

7. Winker

Winker Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I never knew the lady, but my heart felt condolences go to the family. My wife has struggled with Cancer, but she is one of the lucky ones, who have come out the other side alive and recovering.

8. El of LA

El of LA Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor

Thanks Sally for posting this. I didn't know the Lady Isolde but her reputation and fame were widely known. My condolences to her family and friends, and to the members of the shard who will most certainly feel her loss.

9. PwnySlaystation

PwnySlaystation Lore Keeper

Never knew her, but it's never nice to hear such sad news. My thoughts are with family and friends.

RIP