1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

A Taste Of His Own Medicine???

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Jirel of Joiry, Jan 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jirel of Joiry

Jirel of Joiry Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I have been reading and ALOT of people are unhappy with Rico, his bad attitude, and the whole thieves forum broughaha. Well as my title says why don't we give him a taste of his own medicine?

If every one in UHall made a character on Seige Perilous and went gunning for Rico I think he'd change his attitude. Yeah, yeah I know some of us aren't into the pvp thang, pkin' make ya nausous etc, etc. How about trying to suck it up a little? I mean wouldn't enduring a little pvp be worth it when we hand Rico his bad-attitude-thievin' butt on a platter with a side of whup-azz!!

So what do ya say folks?? Shall we give it a whirl? I mean he can't kill 20 or so of us at once right? If he's like most pvpers he's nothing more than a gimpy wind-bag....WE CAN TAKE EM! The only REAL so called power he's got is on his "board ". In game he's just another player and we can toast him.

Unless Admin around here suddenly makes a new rule banning anyone who kills Rico. LMAO That would be stupid.

2. Omnius

Omnius Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

uh, there are a whole lot of thieves that would come right out of the wood work just to make your day worse for bashing on thieves. My advice, ignore thieves and they'll be bored with you. As for this thread, In before the lock.

3. Crysta

Crysta Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

That and he'd probably just find it funny.

4. Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Barter Town

That'll teach'em!

:bowdown:

5. shanshu

shanshu Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Yes, yes! Let's all sink to someone else's level.

6. Jirel of Joiry

Ominous- Sweetie I run a Faction Theif. Have for 7 years now. I ain't bashing theives, I was bashing Rico for his attitude and what he's done. Just because he acts like a spoiled child (la) he gets his own private forum?

I don't think so that smacks of favoritism or playing favorites or maybe it was more of a case shutting a whiny brat up!?!? I'm not going to dredge up the dead horse and beat on it again, thats been done enough already.

However, if Rico(la) wants to be that way there AIN'T A DANG THANG SAYIN WE CAN'T WHUP HIS AZZ IN GAME!!! It's Seige Perilous, and Fel ruleset! (la)

So La-boy, I'm dropping the gauntlet...You game? If you are then, as Doc Holiday said in Tombstone ..."I'm ya Huckleberry!"

7. Sam the Scribe

Sam the Scribe Visitor

That's a cool idea but I think we really need to deal with the problem here on this board. There needs to be complete transparency when actions are taken and rigid guidelines for moderators where they are subject to discipline just like the rest of us.

I say we should stage a "sit-in" in the theives forum. Everyone head over there and we start a single thread... every day someone bumps the thread. No provocative messages, or flames... a peaceful protest that goes on until action is taken.

If Rico moves the thread then we start another. The trick is having a different person initiate each thread so the admins have to ban everyone or deal with Rico.

Safe Travels, Sam

8. Kiminality

Kiminality Guest

The thieves forum has always been intolerant of non-PvP thieves.
    Like, for as long as I can remember, which is pretty long.

The whole "Rico's private forum" thing is bull****.
    The reason there's a new forum for non-PvP thieves is that "crates" were ushered in the direction of the rares forum. Now, stealing cruft from monsters has nothing remotely rare about it.
    So, the decision is either:
    1.) Change the existing thieves forum, which has been that way for ages.
    2.) Make a new one.

Nothing to it. All this means is that the thieves are where they've always been, and aren't fending off the "crates" at the gate.

9. Jirel of Joiry

UM, Say WHAAAT??????

10. Sam the Scribe

Sam the Scribe Visitor

This is irrelavent... the point is how a moderator deals with members of his own forum. And the point isn't even just Rico... This situation points out a serious problem with the way Stratics is being administered.

Now if Rico ends up being a lightning rod for a general movement for fair treatment, well... that's how it is.

Safe Travels, Sam

11. Jirel of Joiry

You tell em, Sam!!! Hail, and well met!!

12. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

*chuckles* While I would really enjoy seeing dozens of new folks forming a lynch mob on Siege (would love to see you all in fact), this is not the way to complain about moderation of this or any other forum.

Use the email address provided in the FAQ. I will copy it here for your viewing pleasure.

Thank you for being a part of the Stratics community! If you have any comments or questions, feel free to send us a private message or an e-mail at [email protected].

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!