1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

a tiny suggestion.

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Lythos-, Aug 26, 2009.

1. Lythos-

Lythos- Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

For those of us that aren't upgrading to SA could we please have Ilshenar where we can mark runes and recall in.

I love hunting there but it's just too much hassle to walk especially with a super dragon.

2. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

*boggle*

uh ... where are you trying to reach that's giving you so much trouble?

3. Cetric

Cetric Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Run there on an ethy and pet ball it in.

4. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

While I understand where you're coming from, I have to strongly disagree. With easy recall into Ilsh, it would become no different from Tram/Fel/Malas/Tokuno hunting areas. I like the idea of Ilsh being somewhat wild, and us being forced to walk/run where ever we go there.

5. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I don't get how this is connected to SA.

For my part I kinda wish they'd take out the ability to recall out of Ilsh.

If you're after gold, there's Bags of Sending and the fact that gold's really light these days.

Using a super dragon should carry some inconveniences. And not being mounted doesn't seem to matter much to people these days.

-Galen's player

6. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

Lythos, I suspect the developers may actually have a preference for setting things up like Ilshenar. That is the model they seem to have followed for the Underworld and the Abyss, since you can't mark runes in either place or recall in. It will be very interesting to see if the Abyss gets any shortcut moongates in its final version or even if the Underworld keeps its "shortcut" route to the Abyss (i.e., the one that branches off to the right and then up shortly after you leave the room where the guards are standing).

7. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I like the recall out. After walking in to my preferred hunting spot, and spending sometimes 2 hours there, I usually don't feel like walking back out. Being able to recall directly home to log out is a nice bonus.

8. Hamster Soup

Hamster Soup Guest

If I'm not mistaken , when you choose not to upgrade to SA , you cease to be the target demo to make happy. It's still about making money.

9. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Please no, because Ilsh will be farmed enough for the loot and power scrolls once SA hits.

10. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

Yeah, sometimes RL calls and you need to leave quickly. I guess if there was no ability to recall out, I'd probably take up camping skill and start lobbying again to get it fixed so you actually log out when you should. (If I recall correctly, mounted characters that use the camping skill don't actually "camp".... they linger.)

11. Whoa there putting powerscrolls in Ish when SA goes live?

12. Not totaly sure but didnt they nerf pet balls where they dont work in Ish now?

13. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I thought you could get 5&10 there or was that just talked about.

14. As it stands now only SoTs drop..Im all for 105s and 110s droping but doubt we see this.

15. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

No, Ilshenar is fine the way it is.

16. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Yes it is. Been getting nice armor, weps and jewerly that I am putting in my house to unravel. It is good that we can not recall in because it frees up the spawn for others.