1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

A very sad Enhanced Client future

Discussion in 'UO Enhanced Client Discussion' started by lucitus, Aug 28, 2010.

1. lucitus

lucitus UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

For over 3 years iam now playing with an unfinished client, but i dont want to wait any longer.

My work in progess is finished now after this sad and poor townhall, i thought they are first fixing the old stuff and brining the Enhanced Client out of the beta state, but at this time iam only wasting time and resources for a dead client, and they are developing ships SHIPS!

It is very sad and i have to reconsider my future in the game and if there are not better alternatives out there.

2. Martyna Zmuir

Martyna Zmuir Crazed Zealot

Please don't stop work on your mod! Without the modding community EC users would be stuck with the scraps Mythic throws us and that would be a sad, sad future indeed.

What they said about not working on the EC right now shows us two things: 1) That they aren't truly committed 2) They don't understand how much damage their negligence causes. Not finishing (constructively abandoning the 3rd client) will just be one more fail-feather in their already overstuffed cap.

Please continue to work on your mod, I was looking forward to it becoming modular and compatible with the other skins.

3. Fink

Fink Guest

What was said at the Town Hall regarding the Enhanced Client?

4. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

basically they said they are focused on other things atm and would work on the EC between boosters and when time allowed and as we all know they are saying 2 boosters a year and I will be surprised if they can do that so any between time will be far and few between !

WE can always hope

5. Anira Cuilwen

Anira Cuilwen Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Hey! Don't talk everything bad. There are issues and there will ever be. Just be happy to finally get the sea ;)

Seriously, I miss plenty things in EC, be it the missing chessboard or the bad books or the difference in the view of stacked items or the paperdoll differences. I'd love to see these things fixed and probably plenty more.
    However, I doubt EC will die because of them bringing in new and reworked things. You comlain about bugs? What's with the everlasting bugs with the ships? I think this is a good sign and I hope they will rework many other things and clean up the bugs with it.

6. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I fear we are looking at a repeat of previous years and prior DEV teams....

How many times when I played 3rd Dawn's 3d client they were going to fix things then they just quit...

They stopped all work on 3rd Dawns client.

And that went on for years.

I expect the same out the DEV's for the EC. Consider it long forgotten.

No more fixes... no more new development... it's done... the 2d forever crowd has won yet again and any progress in this game regarding a client is over before it really begins.

Maddening as that is.

Currently I'm plagued by my backpack always being closed. No matter what I do I can't get my backpack to remain open when I log in.

I swear there used to be some option to say open backpack at login... but that is gone now to... and I am forever having to open my backpack, radar and paperdoll on each and every character.... what a pain.

I still see fire on the floors above my candelabra of souls...

I still see the hot coals of each and ever brazier on floors where it shouldn't be.

If I try to sit in a chair that is on carpet in the EC often times my characters STANDS on the chair.... I have to flick the chair to sit on it. And if I have friends over I see them standing on the chairs too.

I have trouble going up south facing ladders in my castle and keep... can't do it. I have to take the ladder down and replace it each time I want to use it..... talk about annoying!

Sometimes this problem effects me at the West Brit Bank as well on GL's and I can't go up the stairs there either.

Can't really replace those steps now can I?

I was rather disgusted to hear what they had to say about the EC and about the housing menu issue.

I'm extremely unhappy about it.

7. Martyna Zmuir

Martyna Zmuir Crazed Zealot

I don't think they've given up on the EC, I just think their priorities are badly skewed.

They waste time on features (Arenas) that nobody asked for and very few people have even seemed excited about, while they outright ignore what could help to draw in new players (no not vets, NEW people).

8. lucitus

lucitus UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

Yes, if you want to make more money with UO you dont have to address the old players, you have to address the new ones. I know many ppl not playing but paying for the account or accounts and this group is not complaining about anything, why would you complaining about something which is never been changed?

It is a simple fact that UO has no current game client to play with, the EC looks like an oldtimer clone and the 2d is an oldtimer, but i think we are talking with the wrong people we have to talk with people who make the money decesions, i think they dont know what happend here.

9. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Well for my two cents, I think they are still committed to the EC, and I think that the EC has taken hold in ways that neither the Third Dawn, nor the KR client ever did, because it really is the superior client, in spite of all it's problems. But one of the reasons why it is superior is because of the work of the modders like Lucitus. So please, don't give up on it and your mods.

I do think we'll see more work done on it and patches for it soon. It's just a matter of time and it all takes time, and the devs always have a lot on their plate. Some things I would love to see, as would many others, is an option for KR graphics, and moddable menus, and of course all the many bugs fixed...

10. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

The Lucis Interface won me over to the EC last night. Keep it up!

11. Nimuaq

Nimuaq Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I started using EC just because of the mods.