1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

A way to play prepatch?

Discussion in 'UO Resources' started by OutintheCold, Sep 14, 2009.

1. OutintheCold

OutintheCold Guest

Does anyone know how to do it? I have been told, although i dont think they were supposed to tell me, that you could revert back somehow and play without getting the s/a patch.

Whatdaya think, possible?

Id rather play without s/a than not at all.

2. Wulf2k

Wulf2k Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Crusader of Chaos

Download the client fresh from http://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/uo/setup-1.46.0.3.exe

Then let a single patch complete, then cancel before it does the next one. Run the client.exe from the UO folder, and see if you can connect. If not, let it do one more patch.

Keep doing that till it either lets you in, or you run out of patches.

I don't know if that's what you're after, but that's my understanding of your question.

3. OutintheCold

OutintheCold Guest

Yes that is what I was looking for. Ill give it a shoot and let you know if it works for me.

Thanks...

4. RoseBlue

RoseBlue Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Recalling from the last time I reinstalled the game, I think that, when the patch session starts, you can't hit the "cancel" button till the whole patching is done ?...

This might have worked well BEFORE we patched the last patch (to avoid it). Hope I'm wrong though...

5. The Fallout

The Fallout Guest

You can't play without the latest patch, I'm sure of it (almost).

6. Wulf2k

Wulf2k Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Crusader of Chaos

What was the original problem?