1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

A weird event today....

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Patty Pickaxe, Apr 26, 2009.

1. Patty Pickaxe

Patty Pickaxe Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I check my email this morning to find a "password help" email for an account that has been closed for well over a year. I found that a bit puzzling. I quickly tried to log into the account only to find it still blocked (good news). I logged into MyUO and made sure all the account info was still correct. I also changed the password.

This was an account that I bought from someone. I plan on contacting him later to see if he tried to access the account for some reason. But has anyone else had this happen recently?

2. Max Blackoak

Stratics Veteran

i had the same thing happen to me a couple of months back.

the account was also still blocked when i checked and the password was still the same. i contacted the person i bought it from and he said he had nothing to do with it (he's a trusted board member btw).

i ckecked back a couple of times to see if anything with my account had changed but everything was fine...

3. Patty Pickaxe

Patty Pickaxe Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Interesting. The person I bought the account from has not played UO himself in well over a year, so I don't see why he would have any interest in the account. I'll get an eye on it.

4. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

Well, if you were to say something around 3+ years, yeah, I wouldn't see him having interest. . .Over a year, is a nice little break for some UO'ers!