1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Archery] ABC Archer Questions

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by DreadLord Lestat, Feb 17, 2015.

1. DreadLord Lestat

DreadLord Lestat Social Media Liaison
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Stratics Legend PITMUCK

I am in the process of making an ABC archer, my template is as follows

120 archery (+35 HH & Ring)
    120 tactics
    120 Anatomy
    120 Chiv

Question 1, I currently have 120 Bushido, I know that I do not use it for parry as I am an archer, I do however like the combination of Consecrate Weapon and Lightning Strike when mana is low due to armor ignore. Do I need 120 Bushido? Does higher Bushido affect spells like lightning strike or just honor?

Question 2, If Bushido stays at 120, that leaves me enough points for 80 in Spell Resist and 75 in Healing. Is that a fair combination or should I put more into one and remove some from the other?

2. Tuan

Tuan Slightly Crazed

Bushido does affect LS, this higher the bushido, greater % to do the critical hit. Given that you'll already be at 45 HCI, so you won't get any HCI benefit from LS, then the critical hit is the only useful part of it... so in this case, without maximizing the chance for LS, it somewhat defeats the point.

You could have 2 sets of jewels, one that has HCI on it, and one that has bushido skill point on it... swap jewels when you're going to be LSing.

3. CorwinXX

CorwinXX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

75 Healing looks too low... especially when they poison you.... you hardly be able to cure and heal with the same bandage
    I suggest 80 resist and 100+ healing (drop bushido a bit)

4. ZidjiN

ZidjiN Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

So the only reason ppl pick up Bushido on archers is honor and confidence?

Sounds like a large investment for just those two benefits.

5. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Don't forget about momentum strike and hitting 300 weapons skill points for the -10 mana reduction on specials like Armor Ignore. But I am with you, there is little need to go to 120 Bushido in most cases for a ranged char.

6. A-tron

A-tron Adventurer

I run
    120 Archery +5 dispicable quiver +20 Hunters Headdress
    120 Tactics
    120 Anatomy
    120 Resisting
    115 Bushido
    80 Chiv +30 on jewels

I have di and hci on 3 woodland pieces so only need di on 1 piece of jewelry

I can solo all champ spawns (stay alive if attacked) important! I think this build works real well for anything. Good array of PVP PVM bows and you are all set.

7. Lord GOD(GOD)

Lord GOD(GOD) Lore Keeper

I think it would make more sense to lower Chivalry than Bushido. Confidence, Lighting Strike, Momentum Strike (which if you can't Whirlwind, becomes useful especially with Hit Area) and Honor.

Enemy of One, Consecrate and maybe Divine Fury from Chivalry.

If I were going to make a plain jane I'd be tempted to throw something interesting on there like Spellweaving or Alchemy. I mean an ABC is essentially a minimum of 120 Archery, 90 Tactics, 120 Bushido, and 50-70 Chivalry... that leaves a lot of room to do something fun. Hell you could even make it a Mystic and get Stone Form 60 Hit Spell, Cleaning Wind, Heal Stone and Trigger plus a Colossus.

8. Logrus

Logrus UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran

The going rate for chiv, is about 84 Chiv to get the 50% damage bonus from Enemy of One and I think though less sure of this one 90 Chiv to get 100% proc chance on Consecrate, (after 90 chiv concecrate applies bonus damage as well as targetting weakest resist) Divine fury also refreshes stamina based on Chiv/Karma , as well as the hit chance/ swing speed, and defesne chance changes.

9. Logrus

Logrus UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran

Also with 120 chiv thats 84% damage from EoO and 15% from Consecrate , if you go max karma as well then divine fury will give you + 15 HCi + 15 SSi and only -10 DCI

10. A-tron

A-tron Adventurer

Curious, if you are running 100%DI casting EOE, with a slayer you are max DI. honored opponent, and slayers DI is maxed anyway so the skill points put into chiv seem unnecessary to me. Just the timer bonuses. I can see the chiv points making sense if you have low ssi, don't have slayer bows, or enough DI between suit and talisman. Don't overlook that tactics and anatomy give damage bonuses too. IMHO

11. Tuan

Tuan Slightly Crazed

There are more than one thread explaining the difference between Damage Increase from skills/str/items, and Damage Modifier, from slayer EoO, Honor and etc.

12. CorwinXX

CorwinXX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

How to heal?

p.s. I see there are 620 total skills.
    Did you forget 100 Healing?

13. ZidjiN

ZidjiN Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

What skills count towards the 300 points? According to stratics (http://uo.stratics.com/content/arms-armor/specialmoves.php) you wont get to 300 points anyway since its only archery and bushido counting towards the 300. Or am i compltely stupid again? :)

Anyway im trying to do some reserch cause im creating my very first archer atm and just finnished Archer tactics and anatomy. So now i need to decide what skills to finnish of the build with.
    Have ninja and stealth on a stone but not really any use on a strict PVM char.

14. CorwinXX

CorwinXX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

usually you have 80 bushido to get 200 points
    but you can have 120 bushido and 60 any (non-used) skill to get 300 points (for example, ninja or wrestling or poison)...
    or can have 100 bushido and 80 poison to get 300 points

15. ZidjiN

ZidjiN Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Allright, thank you mate.

Will have to experiment some on test i guess. Would be beast to get 300 points but not sure if its worth giving up another skill for.

Ill fool around some ty :)

16. CorwinXX

CorwinXX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

When you fight a monster with blocking and you haven't Slayer it's worth to have 120 bushido and 300 points. An obvious example is the Blackthorne.
    When you are not able to upkeep 100 honor bonus 120 bushido is very useful (+12% per hit) and every 1 mana is valuable. My 6x120 + 60 wrestling archer could did 10+ masters per hour.

But usually 80 bushido and 200 points is rather enough.

17. A-tron

A-tron Adventurer

Oops yeah I did

18. peteD

peteD Visitor

So can someone really explain what the difference is with 100 bushido and 120 bushido ..

trying my pvm abc build

120 Archery (20+ items)
    120 Tactics
    120 Bushido
    80 Chivalry
    120 Anatomy
    80 Healing
    100 Resist

Everyone says so much different regarding that skill ^^

19. CorwinXX

CorwinXX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

With 120 Bushido you achieve perfection faster. Also Confidence heals you for more amount.

I'd drop Bushido to 80 and get Chivalry/Healing instead.
    More Healing = more chance to cure and heal with the same bandage. It is very useful when monsters continuously poison you.

20. peteD

peteD Visitor

yeah but you could use pots for curing i thought ... a lot ppl seems to like have 120 bushido somehow .. even though you more or less use it for LS and perfection.

21. Mikeltin5

Mikeltin5 Journeyman

counter attacks are the bread and butter IMO for bushido. I ran a samp for 6-7 months before I realized counter attack existed. if you're getting your 300 points...hell even 200 points...your damage should be decent...couple that with an extra hit now and again (more with less DCI) and you'll be dropping monsters like its cool. but swap counter attack for evasion or confidence if u need life, then swap back. bushido has so much to offer when fully utilized.

22. CorwinXX

CorwinXX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Can you show me a video of using counter attack? For simplicity - against a weak opponent (but with high hp) - against UEV.
    I have tried it myself but found it rather useless so I want to get what I missed.

23. Mikeltin5

Mikeltin5 Journeyman

Yes sir I sure can. Obsidian is checking for me in another post of how to upload a OBS video. Never done it before but would really like to.

24. CorwinXX

CorwinXX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Upload it to youtube.com

25. Mikeltin5

Mikeltin5 Journeyman

Ill play around with it tonight and see how it turns out. After i finish the file and it saves in its respective folder, can i simply create a youtube acct and import directly in? How do i link that to here?

26. Mikeltin5

Mikeltin5 Journeyman

http://youtu.be/CcOnn7ru4f4

Give that a shot. my first upload so may suck...but u can see counter attack go off sporadically at 0:23 seconds for an additional AI.

I'll put UEV's up in a bit...kinda busy atm but was in the neighborhood of balrons so I made a quick one.

#26 Mikeltin5, Apr 30, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2015