1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

ABC T-hunter?

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by Sturdy, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Sturdy

Sturdy Guest

Hello all,
    I just finished cart tonight!

But, doh! I'm not a mage :(

I am usually a PvM ABC archer or crafter.
    (On Siege so I only have two characters and no swapping )

These are the relevant skills I have available:

GM Mining
    GM LP
    GM Cart
    115 Archer
    110 Bushido
    115 Tactics
    110 Anatomy (locked but I did eat a 120)
    110 Healing (locked but I did eat a 120)
    100 Focus
    65 Hiding
    75 Swords
    75 Parry
    115 Resist
    55 Magery (for gate)

(And all the craft skills)

So..What can I do with this?

What do you think the best non mage, non bard, non tamer t-hunter looks like?

I can work skills up and down as needed but was hoping to keep the warrior craft skills all on this guy and the magery type skills on my alt.

Thanks!

2. Ben Sherman

Ben Sherman Guest

I think this would do fine, scoot as the chest comes up or use an invis pot. Leg it to range, pick your targets one at a time.

3. Silverbird

Silverbird Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

That might be a problem. On normal shards ppl use telekinesis for untrapping t-chests. This is not possible on Siege. You need to use the remove trap skill. (Since I havent used that one, it also might be possible that you need to have/train detect hidden to find a trap before you can try to remove it.) Ofc you simply could do the hard way and let the trap explode/hurt you but it might be wise to have a second char for ressing at hand. (Not shure, how much damage one can take from those traps.)

4. Sturdy

Sturdy Guest

Yeah you just let them go off. With 70 fire it does not kill you.

5. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Those skills there should do it.
    Lower anatomy, Healing, and Tactics to 100 (or stone them for later template changes and train them back up to GM). Lower Bushido and put half its points into Chivalry. Then, use Jewelry to raise those two skills back up as much as you can (consider carrying a Luna Lance to swap to temporarily from your bow, to make chiv casting easier). If you need more Chivalry or Bushido, lower anatomy/healing/tactics up to 10 more points, if you have equipment to compensate (but remember that Anatomy (and maybe Healing) is in the same skill group as one of those)

With imbuing, you should be able to get 2 +30 jewelry bonuses, or for that matter, the pieces with +15 Chivalry each might just be "swap on & off" for casting, as without them, low chivalry is typically good for everything other than EoO and Sacred Journey.

6. Sturdy

Sturdy Guest

Thanks for the advice-
    I have done several level three's now as a straight archer.. I Can do a level four but five and six are out of reach.

I think if I get the right balanced slayer bows and macros I could probably do a level five.

I have alchemy- going to experiment with mad bomber. It probably wont work well but fun to try it out.

7. Basara

Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Of course, if they don't do anything about the hard-to-find or impossible maps, and the insane desire to make Mining an integral part of the profession (when it had been all but gone from it for 8 years), the template might take one more tweak.

Hopefully, I can get the devs to understand this at the Fairfax Town Hall.

8. Sturdy

Sturdy Guest

Represent!

Really I have had mining forever so it does not bother me in and of itself. What is new and silly is that everyone now stones off cart, so why not just split the difference and give cartography the mining bonus?

Seems like this would simplify the whole thing and not change game balance.

9. Basara

Hell, I'd settle for the Turkey Event maps' method of zeroing in on the dig spot...

10. Sturdy

Sturdy Guest

Update- level fives are not that hard with a straight archer. I can do two level threes in the same time but fives are more fun.

I am not sure I can handle sixes yet- need to get gear in order before trying.

11. slaveone

slaveone Guest

I do level 6's solo all day long with my archer t-hunter.

120 Archery
    120 Music
    120 Peacemaking
    110 Resist Spells
    100 Lockpicking
    100 Cartography/ 100 Mining / 100 Tactics (whichever i choose)
    70 Chivalry
    12 Magery (but being on siege ditch that and take the blast put the points elsewhere)

Magical Shortbow Slayers are your friend i use the following:

Super Slayer
    18% HLD
    25% HCI
    30% SSI
    40% DI

I carry this exact same bow one for every superslayer on my guy works like a charm!

With bows like that and with 115-120 archery you'll tear up anything the guardian spawn can throw at you even running without tactics it's easily doable just takes slightly longer to kill off the AW's but not that much longer just get as much HCI as you can on your suit so if you have to ditch tactics for say mining you can and still easily solo level 6!