1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Hello Guest! On January 27th Stratics will be brought down for an extended maintenance period. This period may take upwards of 12 hours to complete. Please check the thread in the Announcements forum for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

About Champ Spawns -

Discussion in 'UHall' started by EliteEmpire, Jan 8, 2017.

1. EliteEmpire

EliteEmpire Adventurer

I have recently gotten into doing champion spawns on Atlantic, and there is a specific player who i won't name on here that knows exactly when the boss is about to spawn, kills the boss along with us, then leaves. (Trammel Ruleset) Basically this player knows when to come and lets us do the work of the spawn before they do come.

My question is how is this person able to know this?

I have been thinking very hard, and I thought it might be similar to the old days of making a character in Fel that you intentionally kill and they act as a "spy" able to move around invisible since they are a ghost and see when spawns are about to be complete- am i getting close?

edit - i just read up on this and apparently its been fixed you cant do this anymore (since 2009 lol), but there IS something this person is doing, hmm...

Anyways, been having fun with spawns regardless

This brings me to a semi-related question - On Atlantic, which non-pvp spawns are frequented most? Dragon Turtle is obvious, as are the three ish ones. My question is more geared towards twisted weald, the Isamu-Jima, and the Bedlam Crypt, do people even do those on a regular basis? Reason i ask is i dont know many people on here and have a hard time forming parties - I just like to show up, and a couple of these require quests and fancy stuff to be able to get in them.

Also, i heard the rewards for fel ruleset are much higher, scrolls aside, is this true? I dont have a party and on Atlantic i would probably be toast, so im sticking with the non pvp ones, but i was just wondering if the non pvp champion spawns have gimped loot and less chance at the better primers/artifacts

#1 EliteEmpire, Jan 8, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
  2. Swordsman

Swordsman Adventurer

i am not sure if the trammel rule set champions give Primers.

3. EliteEmpire

EliteEmpire Adventurer

ooh they def do, level 1's is all ive gotten so far, but i heard 3's are primarily gotten from fel - is this true?

4. BeaIank

BeaIank Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

You can get level 3 primers from tram champ spawns and peerless. They are just even more rare than on fel.
    But they definitely drop on Tram.

5. Merlin

Merlin The Enchanter
    Moderator Professional Governor Campaign Patron UWF

It's hard to even get Level 3 Primers on Fel sometimes. Did a handful of spawns the other night and didn't get any other than 110 scrolls and a few useless level 2 primers. All about the RNG I guess.

I do Humility and Valor spawns regularly and I've never a Level 3 primer. I'm sure there is some remote chance you can get one, but it's probably Powerball odds at best.

6. elster

elster Journeyman

Exorcism spell would get rid of any ghosts. Chances are it's a blue stealther in wraith form or something. You can still setup automatic spy cams to alert guild chat when people walk by, wouldn't be hard to announce when a champ is up either. However, not sure how likely it would be to not get revealed being so close to altar to do that. I would bet that they either have people scouting spawns, and then keep an eye on the ones that are currently being worked, or have some sort of spy bot setup that announces when people walk by near a drop in area. They then know to go check on that spawn and wait for boss.

7. Giggles

Giggles Forum Administrator
    Administrator Moderator Professional Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Campaign Supporter The Squirrel Empire

Exorcism is worthless now. It won't dispel ghosts unless their body is completely decayed. And with all the spawn changes they did like 6 years ago, ghosts are already naturally dispelled from champ areas when their body decays.

CovenantX, OREOGL and elster like this.
  8. cholupa

cholupa Visitor

I'm not sure doing spawns in tram is worth the effort.

9. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I have gotten lvl III primers in poisoning and magery from Humility =) So yes, they do drop occasionally

10. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

have someone with tracking join you for a few and track any hidden players

11. drcossack

drcossack Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Won't do anything. Can't reveal hidden players in Tram unless a guild war is going on, or if they're in your guild.

12. SlayerofBunnys

SlayerofBunnys Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

upload_2017-1-10_18-5-57.png

The above is a summary of the Fel spawns I took part in last year from June forward on multiple servers. Because some of the spawns had an active protector we averaged 9 masteries per spawn and got a III about every other time. The gold is what I recovered and not the party total. That said, I was usually allowed to take the majority of it.

13. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Next time you make a chart. Do all the spawns for the same amount of time and advance every spawn. I swear every time I advance the spawn the RNG resets to, you suck mode.

14. Mervyn

Mervyn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Recruit a red in the guild, when they hit area spells/weap, they'll eventually flush out the hidden blue.

15. Giggles

Giggles Forum Administrator
    Administrator Moderator Professional Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Campaign Supporter The Squirrel Empire

Reds being needed and useful?? Now that's just crazy talk! :lick:

16. Oller

Oller Journeyman

@EliteEmpire
    you place a character on the way to the spawn, hide, set a macro to "bow" every 5 minutes to not log out after 10 minutes (enhanced client), and have the "you see" thingy on. this records every player passing by.....
    then you check all your spy-accounts every 5 minutes to know how many people ran past you (takes only a few seconds), indicating how advanced the spawn might be.
    we have a person on drachenfels with multiple accounts and it is impossible to finish a spawn without the reds turning up.....:)
    on the other hand....uo would be boring without getting an occasional raid from time to time.