1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

About chaos damage

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Hell's Ironworks, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Hell's Ironworks

Hell's Ironworks Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Does 100% Chaos damage void any ( or all ) of the armor resists ? How does it work exactly ? I didnt get the memo...

thx.

2. PlayerSkillFTW

PlayerSkillFTW Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Chaos Damage means it randomly selects one of the five elements for the damage. With a 100% Chaos Damage weapon, one hit may deal 100% Fire Damage, while the next hit may deal 100% Cold Damage, it's random. I imbue my 100% Chaos Damage Weapons with Elemental Slayer, since the resists of all the various Elementals vary so widely.

Hell's Ironworks likes this.
  3. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran CasteoftheForgotten

I believe "chaos" damage just means that damage type dealt is random.

4. Poo

Poo The Grandest of the PooBah’s
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor 4H

it was never said, but we just ASSUME that at 100% it would deal 100% into any of the 5 elemental resistances.

i personally wonder if it cuts up up randomly.
    so instead of hitting 100 to fire, then the next 100 to cold if it does the 60/40 split, then 100 on the next, then 20/80 on the next.... cause it is chaos isnt it?

Viquire likes this.
  5. Hell's Ironworks

Hell's Ironworks Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

thx for the responses . I was kind of hoping it was like a resist super slayer. Which would've been awsome. I guess random 100% damage is not bad. Using it with elemental slayer is a good idea. now if i could only get my imbuing to gm...

6. Roland of Atlantic

Roland of Atlantic Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Chaos damage is completely useless. Lets assume you go after a lava elemental with 100% chaos damage. The resists of a lava elemental are 62/23/20/100/44.
    First hit is randomly cold, it does good damage Second hit is poison, it does NO damage at all. Third hit is physical, it does crappy damage. The thing is, you want predictability in your damage. Most elementals have a moderate dislike to cold damage, with the exception of Ice and snow elementals. Two of the elementals are completely immune to poison damage. Chaos damage will roll poison theoretically 20% of the time, whereas cold damage will never do 0 damage. Most warrior types are bound to have chivalry on their template, so go cold damage and elemental slayer for elementals, and use consecrate weapon for ice and snow varieties. If you're really serious about being a warrior, and pvm in general, you should have a good idea of many commonly seen monsters in the area you intend to hunt, and bring the appropriate elemental weaponry.

7. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Yep - which the same logic applies to Valorite weapons. People always swore by them because "they spread the damage out to hit the low resist" when doing so almost always meant they were throwing up a serious part of their damage output to hit the HIGHEST resist at the same time (often, as much or more of the base damage than the part hitting the weak one), more than cancelling out any perceived benefit.