1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

About Fame and Karama "Lord" Titles.

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Omnicron, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Omnicron

Omnicron Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I know Im a noobie, but I have mad negative Karma, and im The Dark Lord Omnicron, I thought it was Dread Lord. I actually think it looks hella cool on hte paperdoll..has it always been that way?

2. Omnicron

Omnicron Stratics Legend

[​IMG]

Sorry about size, I dont know how to fix that shiz.

3. Hunters Moon

Hunters Moon Guest

If you died then it is possible for you to be Dark instead of Dread

4. Snakeman

Snakeman UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

If you were boarder Dread/Evil normally you would only drop to Evil, but 2 deaths would drop you at Dark title. On my necro I go from Dread to Evil upon a death. not that hight into Dread

5. Lord Hunter

Lord Hunter Babbling Loonie

Isnt the Dread Title still affected by how much negative Karma you have?

If he dies he should not drop down to evil, he should just drop his Lord status and go to just Dread.

You just need to keep a more negative Karma to keep it Dread. Just kill enough people to lock your Karma and you will never have to worry about loosing it.

Its the same way with the Glorious title, the more positive karma you get the better it is, if you kill someone you could drop down to illustrious.

Is this still not the way it is recorded?

6. Snakeman

Snakeman UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Correct getting to Dread is by Karma loss, but if you die you do loose it, you just don't gain it if you're locked. Keeping the Lord/Lady title is by gaining Fame, which is easy. You may be a Dread Char but killing high end monsters you still gain the Fame. If you are high enough on the Fame side you might not loose Lord/Lady title for 4 to 5 deaths. On my bard she has died 4 times and not dropped her Gl Lady title because she was so high in both.

7. burnttrees

burnttrees Guest

omnicron where you by any chance killing monsters with positive karma?

lord hunter you are correct if you kill players you get negative karma not sure about reds if you kill certain monsters you get positive karma

you still have the lord portion of the fame title meaning you have above 10,000 fame but for some reason your karma dropped

fame karma titles stratics page

8. Sneaky

Sneaky Guest

I think with reds it still goes off the player's karma, so if the red is a glorious lord (or positive karma of any sort) you will lose karma for any neg acts your do on them, not sure on this never really payed any attention to it, so please correct me if I'm wrong. Thing is most reds are neg karma because... well they are murderers :lol:

I think you can also gain karma from healing a pos karma red if your own karma is low enough, although it will still send you criminal...

9. Lucy of Kenton

Lucy of Kenton Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Didnt know anyone was still bothered about titles?
    very rarely see a dread lord etc in fel as its normally locked karma and lots of fame from monsters but its still possible to drop karma without even fighting

10. Omnicron

Omnicron Stratics Legend

Ohh I dont give two hoots and a shout about titles, I just though Dark Lord was pretty cool looking.

11. Gildar

Gildar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

You lose fame when you die. Karma isn't impacted by your own death.

12. Emil IsTemp

Emil IsTemp Guest

I prefer "The Notorious" personally =)