1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

About old guildstones.

Discussion in 'UHall' started by ChReuter, Apr 19, 2010.

1. ChReuter

ChReuter Guest

Would it be possible to have decorative guildstones. Not one's with the old guild menus, where you had to touch it and whatnot. Just stones that we can put our guild name and abv on, no function other than that, just name and abv. I ask for this because I feel like Guildhouses have lost some of their meaning with the stones removed. Really, it would just be a nice addition.

2. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

I agree! Those would be a nice, nostalgic addition, even if they had no real function. I'd love to see the old guildstones again. I have one that belongs to an old Siege guild, but not one for my own.

3. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I wish I still had the stone to my old guild from back around 2002. :(

4. LordDrago

LordDrago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Agreed. Would be a nice addition.

5. sablestorm

sablestorm Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Are you asking for guildstones for newer guilds? If so, might I add a request to this idea? Allow the guildstones to enjoy a more impressive appearance based upon how old they are, much like veteran rewards. Thus when a guild hits 1 year old, the guildstone would improve in appearance, and so on and so forth for each year. I still have our guildstone up in our guildhouse as a reminder of how long our guild has endured. I don't mind new guilds getting guildstones, but I'd still like to see some differentiation for those guilds who have maintained their stone all these years.

6. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Only if they made the new ones look totaly different from the old ones. I still have our old guild stone and yes it would be nice for new guilds to display a guild stone, but they need to be different from the old ones.

7. Lady Lovely

Lady Lovely Guest

:thumbup1: We on Atlantic who belong to United We Fight still have our stone and it has meaning....would be sad if that stone lost its value and meaning.....so agreed it would be great for new guilds but please make it different.....or possibly hanging flags with colors or abrv. of the guilds....a thought.

8. Tay M'real

Tay M'real Guest

They should just enable the original guild system- there's plenty of spots for homes now that people can have a house and start their guild...

9. ChReuter

ChReuter Guest

Sorry that misses the point entirely of why I asked for this.. TBH, I don't if some of your guildstones become non-rares, this isnt about rares. Your stone will have the same meaning regardless of others having one too. If you ask me, you're just being selfish.

To the person who said it should have a different appearance based on age of guild. Once again, I disagree... I doubt a guildstone will mean much at all to those who never had to use one, this is something for those of us who were a part of a guild when these were still used. I myself am on atlantic, and I would love to own a Trinsic Borrower stone, just because I spent so many yrs in that guild. It wouldn't mean much of anything to me if it looked different.

10. chrae

chrae Guest

I disagree. I think the TB stone would look very nice with some gold trim, some diamond sparklies, and maybe a shrubbery on each side. Yes. Yes, that would be very classy. :)

11. slaveone

slaveone Guest

Maybe to you it's not but thats not surprising since you don't have a guild stone and want one. I feel that if you were vigilant enough to maintain a guild stone prior to the guild changes you deserve the rare if you weren't you don't. TBH alot of people probably don't really care what "YOU" asked for just like you don't care about the fact the some people have rare guildstones. If they ever were to do this the stones should 100% look different for NEW stones. Or implement what the other poster said about guild stones changing per year they are around though this would probably be a hassle for the Devs. So i'd vote for some new type of stone most definately not the same....

12. ChReuter

ChReuter Guest

Omg, Chrae... Get on icq fool!!!

13. chrae

chrae Guest

I tried to, but I cant remember my password and the email address that I had back then no longer exists, so I have no way to retrieve my info. Doh!

14. RaDian FlGith

RaDian FlGith Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Actually, it would be nice to have craftable guildstones that could be made from the various colors of granite (just like tables), and which could be engraved with a guildstone engraving tool. That way there's a permanent identifier in place for a guild.

And hey, let's have some added functionality that is nothing more than a double-click event... when someone double-clicks it, it pops open their own guild tab (as if they clicked "guild" on their paperdoll).

This would give them form, feature, and functionality without taking anything out of the way the new system works.

15. For sure! :)

16. Tinsil

Tinsil Guest

This, except keep guild chat.

17. Kael

Kael Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Agreed :thumbup:

18. Goodmann

Goodmann Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Might as well re-issue guild stones. they just released the mini house deeds in japan so why not ruin some more uo items

19. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

Guildstones should absolutely be re-released as a deco item.

- Obtainable by a Guild Master of a given guild and placeable in the house of their choice
    - Make several different styles available including the original
    - Allow them to be inscribed by the Guild Master

The biggest thing that the guildstones represented was that they labeled a house as the "guildhouse" (as opposed to members' private houses) which in turn created a meeting point for the members of said guild.

Having that little bit of symbolism back would be helpful in a big way IMO.