1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

About Polymorph

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Pothoz, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Pothoz

Pothoz Guest

I just realised something, shouldnt they change a minor detail in the spell "polymorph" ?

As an elf you can transform yourself to a human, loosing the automatic nightsight and mana bonus, meaning they gain the humans benefitts instead?

Why not make so humans can polymorph to elfs then?
  2. need to verify the :
    they gain the humans benefitts instead
  3. Gildar

Gildar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Apr 22, 2004
    If an elf polymorphs into a human, they shouldn't receive the human bonuses and they shouldn't lose the elf bonuses. If it is swapping the bonuses, that should be considered a bug (either in implementation or design).
  4. Pothoz

Pothoz Guest

Well when i transform my elf into a human i lose my nightsight and loses 20 mana..

Tbh is it a bug? I find it logical since you acually transform yourself to a human.. meaning your no longer an elf..
  5. Kith Kanan

Kith Kanan Guest

poly into elf and use elf only gear

I'm all for it [​IMG]
  6. Pothoz

Pothoz Guest

poly into elf and use elf only gear

I'm all for it [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

Basicly the same thing happens when you transform to human, the gear seems as normal. I.E the helmet acually looks like a helmet and so on..

So if we could polymorph into elves, feck why not be able to wear "elf's only" gear?
  7. Kith Kanan

Kith Kanan Guest

excactly !!!!
  8. Babble

Babble Guest

Just test it if you can light a fire after transforming.
    With the jack of trades human bonus it should be possible
  9. Guest

Guest Guest

Just tested it. Polyed into a Human and with 0 real skill in Spellweave, was
    able to cast Nature's Fury.

But I also noticed that I apparently did NOT loose the night sight and +20
    Mana bonus. And the max allowed carried weight also stayed the same.

So apparently, if your an Elf and Poly into a Human, you don't loose the Elf
    bonuses, and you get the Human Jack of all Trades bonus.

But you can't use Ninja animal form.
  10. Pothoz

Pothoz Guest

Odd cause i tried on my RP mage, with just GM gear and [censored] he lost his mana and nightsight, sure you dont had things on ya to boost you up on those things? I dont know about the rest, such as jack of all trades, the Energy Resist bonus elf's have or anything..
  11. Guest

Guest Guest

My elf who took the Spell Weave quest and has 0 skill right now can cast Natures Fury, tho I fiz half a dozen times before one goes off, so it's not the JoAT doing that, unless you can consistently cast them w/out failng
  12. Guest

Guest Guest

Perhaps you are correct. But it lists Minimum skill needed for NF is 10.1.
    So even if you completed the quest, with 0 real skill, you should have no
    chance to successfully cast it.

And yes, I'm certain about the Night sight and Mana. I was down in Doom
    when I tested it