1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

About reporting scripters...

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Zeroh, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Zeroh

Zeroh Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Greetings!

Is something done when anybody report a scripter? Since I came back to UO I reported a few but I still read them selling their "stuff" in the chat. I even saw them scripting again in the very same place.

I just want to know if reporting them is a solution or a waste of time.

:(

2. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I know it's irritating to see someone script..I think if farming gold/resources then page away..but if they are gaining skills I leave them be..as wrong as that is but..UO is dead enough no need to lessen our population even more :/ hope that insight doesn't strike the wrong nerves around here lol

CovenantX and Daelomin like this.
  3. Risso

Risso Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

The chat spammers are pretty much impossible to get rid of, as they are constantly creating trial accounts in order to spam chat - so once you put one on ignore or they are banned for scripting then another one will be along an hour later.

4. Zeroh

Zeroh Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

The only ones i reported was people scripting to get resources or doing quests in Heartwood to get fletching/carpentry runics. But next day they were in Luna selling runics...

I love UO but it's a pity to see what has become.

5. Tzadkiel

Tzadkiel Adventurer

They go to jail for a time, but it is nothing permanent. I may go out on a limb and say this: "It would likely be harder to find someone who DOES NOT script than it would to find one who does." For the sake of the community I hope the Dev's address this "issue." You can only hope that action will eventually be taken. Let's just hope it isn't in 15 more years. The skin has sufficiently been flayed from the back of this subject and the horse has met it's demise.

6. SlobberKnocker

SlobberKnocker Slightly Crazed

i think given the financial resources that ea affords this games budget it has really become a low priority issue. in the end these guys, while cheating remain paying customers. in this day and age and considering the present size of the player base anyone who pays $15 per month to play this game winds up being welcome.

just deal with it and dont buy from them. bottom line is if there is no market they will leave. think about that the next time your considering making a gold purchase from one of them.

DJAd likes this.
  7. Vexxed

Vexxed Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Well.. to my knowledge is still a 3 strikes your out policy, but with a few exceptions. If your scripting & griefing people at the same time your odds of perma ban on 1st offense are much higher. The same is true if your "exploiting" meaning cheating in such a big way that very little time spent makes a HUGE difference (think dupes / the bugs with the last cleanup event etc) If it's none of those though then a GM shows up & asks you some question to prove your actually at your keyboard. You get a small amount of time to answer & if you fail your sent to jail (24/48/72) hour temp ban. So....... ultimately if you catch a scripter you potentially have to catch them 3 times for it to be permanent. This also does not account for the fact that there's an official Account Transfer process which will remove all "Marks" on an account for the said fee...... Anyway.... For the amount of effort on your part that's required to actually have an effect I wouldn't bother if the guys simply training skills, but it's up to the individual.

8. Tzadkiel

Tzadkiel Adventurer

I have only heard of one perma being handed out and it was well earned. But these afk'rs aren't being perma-anything'd (is that a word?) I watched the same miner being run so much, it is half undressed because it's armor has fallen to pieces. (yes I reported it) This is laughable in my opinion and speaks volumes of the quality control currently present. Truth be told....how much time does an actual dev spend here looking at the inherent issues with the game on this site? Next question, does it matter? *places oxygen mask back on the game* *checks vitals*

On a positive note! I did save a bundle on car insurance!

#8 Tzadkiel, Sep 26, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
  9. Goodmann

Goodmann Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

News Flash- about 90% of people have used or uses scripts. It's part of the game. Every person I know uses them in some form and that's a lot of people. I of course don't use them!

10. Tzadkiel

Tzadkiel Adventurer

Of course you don't. :lie:

CovenantX likes this.
  11. SlobberKnocker

SlobberKnocker Slightly Crazed

i think ur off. ban is definately 48/48/72. also there is no official account transfer any longer.

12. Acid Rain

Acid Rain Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

...And this is exactly why hardly no one plays UO anymore..... nuff' said....​

Tzadkiel likes this.