1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

about some download we were told to do if we encounter problems awhile back?

Discussion in 'EA Land/The Sims Online Stratics Forums' started by Sims2, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Sims2

Sims2 Guest

i rember awhile back we had to do a download of something that was microsoft redisturable i think. did hat have to do with directx also or what was that for? someone was saying they were having a problem with directx and could not play the game so i thought i would check into it. there was a reason to do that download i can't rember what it was. any help thank. <font color="orange"> </font> [​IMG]

2. Guest

Guest Guest

If I remember correctly, that had to do with a botched game update that corrupted a Microsoft Visual C Runtime library, forcing many people to have to reinstall the runtime library. That was quite a while ago, however, and should not be affecting anyone anymore.

The only other external download or update the game has required of some is a DirectX update to version 9. If you're still using DirectX 8 or lower, you can get the latest DirectX system by simply going to the Windows Update site and selecting Custom update. The DirectX updates will be in the Optional Updates list.