1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Buying] Academic Books / Academic Bookcases / Wooden Bookcases

Discussion in 'UO Europa Trade' started by Adol, Nov 6, 2010.

1. Adol

Adol Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Hello all; I am aware that I could purchase the Wooden Bookcases via UOGamecodes, but I've always been loath to spend real life cash on vanity items for a game... However I would like storage book cases with actual books in them for my player lore museum I'm working on, so I'd like to buy the above items. I've cross checked all the prices across shards, and I'm offering the following prices... largely non-negotiable, as I can wait for these;

Academic Books / Bookcases: 1.25m

Wooden Bookcases: 2m

The Wooden may sound low, but according to the sites-that-shall-not-be-mentioned, that's what it would cost real life anyway, and I could do it legally so... let the waiting begin! I need maybe 10 in total, but we shall see.

2. RaistlinNowhere

RaistlinNowhere Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

not to bother you, but academic books are about 5 mill and academic bookcases around 8-10 mill .....

the wooden are ok round 2-3 mill

3. Adol

Adol Certifiable

On Europa perhaps, because it seems someone is scripting and hoarding them... I've not seen one in Luna for months, despite the spawn of the books running for nearly 3 years now, at a respawn rate of every 8 days. Across other shards they've been starting at 2m or up in their Lunas, with usually 3 or 4 available every weekend; But I simply won't pay ridiculous money for a Rarity 8 here, (and another 3-5 million on top for just using 75 boards, and then clicking create? Good grief!) when I could just as you say get a Wooden for 2-3 mil, or just buy a Wooden again for $3 dollars legally via UOGamecodes. The name isn't important to me, only that it displays books instead of blank shelving... if I don't get any trade nibbles in the next few months, I'll just suggest a few as small Christmas gifts from family to me maybe :p

4. RaistlinNowhere

RaistlinNowhere Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

the news i have is that the book stopped spamming some time ago, thats why it have that price now. So dont look a rarity 8 , cause is a rare by the meaning that it doesnt spam anymore.

Of course, your best option are the wooden cases that looks almost the same :p

PD : please, dont think i was trying to scam or bother you, was only giving information.

5. Adol

Adol Certifiable

No I understand you're just trying to help, don't worry ;) I'm just making it clear to any potential audience that I'm going to hold firm on this... Interesting you say they don't spawn though, I'll need to see if anyone has any up to date information on them!