1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Access settings

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by The Doctor, Mar 20, 2010.

1. The Doctor

The Doctor Guest

I would like to make my rune library available for visitors to use, but I am unsure what access level setting to use.

Obviously, I don't want people stripping the runes out.

What should I do?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

2. Bazer

Bazer Slightly Crazed
    Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Stratics Legend

just set the security to anyone and since the runebooks are locked down iom pretty sure the runes cannot be removed

3. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

That would be correct...

There was a bug awhile back that allowed such a thing to happen but it's been since fixed. Go ahead lock the book down and set it to anyone....

Oh on a sad note.. If you put the books in shelves or in boxes for folk.... Lock down the box.... DO NOT secure it.... set it to anyone... and then you have to set each and every book in the box to anyone. I know it's a royal pain in the .... but that's the way it is.

4. The Doctor

The Doctor Guest

Thanks for the advice. Greatly appreciated. :thumbup1: