1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Account Ages not updating - Jeremy?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Draxous, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Ok... so several months now I've been waiting for this issue to be addressed.

I'm plenty old enough to be collecting vet rewards... and I want to.

Any ETA on a fix for this problem?

Or no idea...

any response is appreciated... I'd just like to know either way.

2. jelinidas

jelinidas Guest

My son seems to also have this problem. His account is stuck at 11 months.

3. Bullet

Bullet Guest

I too have this problem, been stuck at 113 monthes for 5 mothes now.

4. Oriana

Oriana Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Jeremy asked for details on accts not updating correctly a week ago here. Send in your info, maybe she can help or at least get it to those that can.

Ori

5. De'Rel of LS

De'Rel of LS Guest

Did that. No repsonse, glad I didn't hold my breath. My account is showing six months behind my actual account age, it is advancing just 6 months behind.

6. love2winalot

love2winalot Guest

On the help site, it says that accounts are updated once a week. Is that update day always a "Monday"?

7. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

I'm there too...

Baja Mod Wrote:
    I know she said something about it weeks ago... I'm just asking for an update... I even put her name in the title to catch her attention. If she thinks my info will help get to the bottom of this... she can ask. I posted this as a kind reminder...

and... nothing.

cool. I basically have to do all the work even tho my monthly subscription in part pays her salary.

no thanks.

8. Violence

Violence Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Very annoying, a friend has been playing for 5 years and cannot ride an Ethereal Horse even... :(

9. Jeremy

Jeremy Guest

Not that I'm aware of, no. It updates individually per-character, so your characters may display different account ages depending on whether they've been updated recently or not.

(Edited to add, this has been sent on to the person responsible for kicking the DBAs, but I don't have an update yet this morning.)

10. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

Sweet!!!

Thanks Jeremy

I noticed all my characters read the same... dunno if that helps. Let me know if you need any other info

11. Eslake

Eslake Guest

I feel you.

I've played since before we had runebooks, and still can't dye one.
    I took a 2 year break and a short one before that of maybe 4 months, but my account age was broken long before either of those.

After dozens of emails, several phone calls, and even letters - I don't even try any more. At this point I'm just going to start watching for someone quitting "for good this time" who is deleting their characters, and see if they'll let me pay for a transfer of ownership of the account so I can have closer to the right age.

12. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Same..

I even put it into logic that you can't deny.

Devs, Jeremy, whoever is in charge of this pay attention:

I only pay my accounts with the credit card on the monthly recurring basis.

How many payments have been made on my account?

# of payments = X

X = account age in months.

X - what my account age shows now = How badly you manage to mess up everything.

13. I like it when I hit 84 months collect my vet rewards then it gets screwed up and I drop below 84 months, then it hits 84 again and I get two more rewards again.

Thanks EA for not knowing how to program.

14. Ooooh. Wish that was the case with me. Would love to roll over 84 months again and collect another couple of rewards.

Mine was stuck at 84 since January 2008, this is now July. I saw a post somewhere that this has been fixed and that my characters should update. That means to me that all characters should be at 89 - 90 months old now.

Well they did update, and one character says 86 months while all the rest say 85 months.

I don't think this has been fixed yet, if by fixed you mean you only added a month or two to the accounts with the problem.

"I don't want more things, sweetie, I want better things!"