1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Account ages not updating

Discussion in 'UHall' started by canary, Dec 5, 2010.

1. canary

canary Guest

Just a FYI that certain accounts are not updating the correct months... like, well, mine.

I've been stuck on the same month for over two months now. I'm unsure why, but it tends to get stuck a lot during my personal UO anniversary. Not sure if anyone else has this particular issue.

Please fix it, UO team, I'd really like to enjoy my rewards.

2. madmik

madmik Guest

yep same with mine it blows they cant seem to fix this keeps doing it

3. Vlaude

Vlaude Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Same problem here.

4. ziggy29

ziggy29 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

It's felt like it to me, too... and I'm on 11 months...

5. Thrakkar

Thrakkar Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

4 months here and counting...

6. I was wondering if this was just me or if others were experiencing it as well. C'mon Devs, this is probably the most annoying bug in the game!

7. Babble

Babble Guest

Isn't it the same every year?

8. AxiamInc

AxiamInc Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

:stretcher:

My secondary account has been stuck on 59 months for well over a year and a half now.. I love this game!!

Glad there isn't something I have to have from the vet rewards on that account.

9. Chardonnay

Chardonnay Visitor

Same here...

How long has this problem been going on and what's the excuse for it?

10. Zosimus

Zosimus Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Its a bug and working as intended. They will look into it as fast as they can.

Sincerly,
    Automated response

11. Babble

Babble Guest

Damn they fired the intern before he could reboot the account server once a month!
    :p

12. Kim Li of LS

Kim Li of LS Guest

My account age is buggy also, not accruing properly. I will say at least all my characters have the same (wrong) account age.

13. Raptor85

Raptor85 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Honestly I think I lose about 2 months a year, the part that freaks me out more though is my account age reads DIFFERENTLY depending on what shard I'm on O_x

This has been happening for a while though, I complained about it last back in may or so that I was getting offered my vet reward on shards I don't play on, but on my home shard my anniversary was 4 months away...

14. Kas Althume

Kas Althume Crazed Zealot

Yes, account aging stopped once again. End of November it should have switched to 144 month. It still shows 143 on all chars / server. I want my teleporters! ;)

No hurry, just fix it once and for all. It can happen, but makes me wonder about the coding skill of some developers when the same thing happens over and over ...

15. BlissMarie

BlissMarie Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Mine, too.
    Do we have to write, asking them to verify the account's age?

BlissMarie

16. Babble

Babble Guest

A big enough thread normally reminds them to restart the server

17. Really? ;)

18. Babble

Babble Guest

Not sure as the development team and producers change, their reaction might too

19. Otis Firefly

Otis Firefly Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

sorry for the situaton! we know how fustrating it can be but
    we cannot replace lost items....:yell:

this was the response i got after paging a GM about account age...

20. Babble

Babble Guest

He is right time lost is time lost :p
    GM cannot help anyway

21. Merion

Merion Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I'm stuck at 118 month here - just noticed now, because I waited for my rewards. Went to check and sure enough, when I log into account management it says: "Welcome xxxXXXxxx, member since December 2000."

22. Skrag

Skrag Visitor

I've been at 94 months for 2 months. There's new vet rewards coming, too bad nobody will ever get them at this rate. lol

23. stuck at 11 months and it says i subscribed november 17th 2009 on my account info...

24. Babble

Babble Guest

My account age is working fine :)

25. Nastia Cross

Nastia Cross Guest

*raises hand*

My account should have hit 13 years in November but its still stuck at 155 months. Fix it please so I can get the vet rewards when they come out.

26. Merion

Merion Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

As this is not the first time this happens, I thought I'd post the solution from last time. Maybe the devs forgot or the responsible dev changed.

27. Skrag

Skrag Visitor

I better get credit for all the time it wasn't updating.

28. Mine's about 4 months behind. Still hasn't updated.

29. Thrakkar

Thrakkar Slightly Crazed

I've been talking to EA support a week ago. Absolutely noone had a clue until I got to tier 3 support. AT least he is pretending to know, of what I talk.

Of course, now it would be extremely interesting, what a dev has to say in this matter.

30. ziggy29

ziggy29 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

yeah, it is frustrating. Mine was updating pretty regularly until it got to 11 months and then stopped. Would really like the commodity deed box and 5 more points on the skill cap, but no...

31. Odd how the Devs respond to other issues on these boards but not this, isn't it?

32. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I know on account age it says your account is 2 months older than it is, but none of mine have updated at all in a while. I thought it might be the billing cycle, but i was recently billed for my 3 months and that wasnt it.

I think its broke again, and this is really something the devs should adress if they care about money, because i know i only keep my oldest accounts open when not playing -just to keep the time going up. Its lame i guess, but really i just want the time on the account, especially my first from 97. So, basically UO would be losing about half of what i pay them if this isnt fixed.

33. Skrag

Skrag Visitor

I wouldn't even notice, but I'm 2 months behind and 2 months away from having rewards, and I want a damn metal dye tub.

34. ziggy29

ziggy29 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

35. Raptor85

Raptor85 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I think it depends on the player and times, my account age on siege (my primary shard) is 2 months BEHIND my account age on origin/atlantic.

So I think the way it works is whatever your primary shard is is the one that's bugged....sigh...

36. ziggy29

ziggy29 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I think the folks from Lake Austin pretty much assume anytime there is a shard by shard fix to be done, we're either last or don't get it at all. When the "saltpeter crisis" shortly after the HS launch was obvious, the devs added more NPC vendors on several docks on most shards.

LA never got them.

And now it appears that in most of the shards I've created new test characters in, I show up as being eligible for one year veteran rewards.

On LA I'm still stuck on 11 months.

Are they trying to get LA people to transfer to another shard out of frustration so they can shut LA down? It sure feels like it given the third-class citizen status we seem to have.

37. Raptor85

Raptor85 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Don't feel bad, we didn't get them on siege either (Though I did make a tidy little profit on my brit gate vendor by camping it myself and re-selling it, we only had the single alch on the docks, and only at sea market, though I believe there's 2 there now on all shards):/

If anything it was worse for us because, not having tram, we only had a single facet and a single vendor. Granted due to costs I don't think anyone on our shard has fired too many cannon shots. (It can easily take 100k to sink a ship here, on a shard where 100k is still worth a lot)

....switches back to topic....

But yeah, I think the account ages are tallied server by server, and reverts/restarts, failures and the like have effected account ages differently on each. Cant say for a fact but it really does seem like that's how it works, why else would my account age vary by 2-4 months depending on what shard I'm on?

38. ziggy29

ziggy29 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I don't think there are 2 on LA and I don't think there ever have been.

We have been neglected and ignored for so long it's ridiculous. At least someone can say that on Siege, the rules are so different that the type of player that does Siege might want it to be tougher in that sense. The people on LA probably want the same as what folks on most shards get, yet we seem to be forgotten with regularity.

I made test toons on 5 other shards and on all 5, I got the 1 year reward notice. Not on LA -- still at 11 months.

39. Kas Althume

Kas Althume Crazed Zealot

My account age on Siege is as stuck as can be. Same on Europa.

40. Otis Firefly

Otis Firefly Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

on 1 account, i am 4 months behind on my main chars/shard..all other newb chars on all other shards..same account! are 2 months behind, how messed up is that?

41. Cal? I'd really love to hear an answer on this one! How about the rest of ya? Would you like an answer?

42. Babble

Babble Guest

I am indifferent