1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

account cancelled

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Doubleplay, May 30, 2012.

1. Doubleplay

Doubleplay Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

After the server crash this evening, my account has been cancelled. Been a player for 9 years...bummer. Can't find the customer service phone number. Can someone let me in on this "secret" number?

2. Sauteed Onion

1-650-628-1001 Meow!

3. Raptor85

Raptor85 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

warning though, you WILL get charged long distance per minute for calling and they WILL put you on hold for like a hour....

4. Gilmour

Gilmour Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

maybe your creditcard/gametime expired? or did you mean banned?

5. Doubleplay

Doubleplay Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

On the account management screen, they only say that the account is canceled and it can be for any one of the following reasons. They list 4 reasons, one of which is credit card expired, one of which is banned, etc. They don't tell you which of the reasons was used to ban you. Sigh.... Oh well, I am getting too old for this. If I cannot get it resolved online in a short time, I will use my second account to access all my stuff, and give it away on Sonoma. I must have a billion dollars worth of rubble alone.

6. Gilmour

Gilmour Certifiable

well, tried reactivating it?

7. Salivern_Diago

Salivern_Diago Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Did you get this sorted out?

8. Sauteed Onion

I'm not trying to be the "Hey get out of here and give me your stuff type", but seriously if you're going to go and on the fence about it, I could use some stuff on sonoma : D . I have a few mid way built characters there. Hopefully though you get it sorted out and get your account back up.

Flutter likes this.
  9. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

On the account management page it tells you this? Are you sure you don't mean when you try to log into the game?
    When you log into account management you should be able to use the drop-down to select the effected account and see when the time expired (or when it was supposed to). I'm a little confused as to what account management page you are looking at. If you have more than one account they both should be on the account management page. Is the one still active listed there? Is it under the same credit card?
    You mentioned there was a server crash?
    Do you just mean when the login server went down (happens more often than we'd like but... still) because that's not a real big deal and wouldn't effect your personal account.

10. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I usually use the website "contact us" thing and have them call ME. Typically this works fairly well.

Sevin0oo0 likes this.
  11. Doubleplay

Doubleplay Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Yes, the log in screen gives the four reasons. On the account management screen, at the bottom it shows my account with a big red cancelled. I've tried to resubscribe and get an error which sends me back to the management screen. Not to go on and on about this, that's really not my point. The purpose of the post was to find out if the server crash created the problem and whether other people experienced it. I was playing just before the crash, logged out for dinner, and after server up about 45 minutes later my account ceased to exist. I am presently in the e-mail jungle. Will let you know how it turns out.

Sauteed, if I end up liquidating, I will contact you.

12. Sauteed Onion

okies, I did dig up the number I used to resolve my billing issues though, so if you haven't already, try giving them a ring. Also Malagaste's suggestion of doing the email thing and havin them call YOU instead of calling them.

13. Doubleplay

Doubleplay Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Perhaps I am dense, but following the instructions in the letter, and as per your suggestion the help.ea.com address results in a page not found error. Here is the e-mail sentence referencing the phone number method:
    "You can also contact Technical or Billing Support via help.ea.com. Click on “Contact Us” and follow the simple steps. If you are based in the US, this website allows you to leave
    your phone number for us to call you back."

I tried http://help.ea.com and www.help.ea.com with similar negative results. Is this the wrong way to use the address?

14. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

no "www", the first one took me to a secure page: EA Help Center
    but I'm in the states
    that was a quote from a recent email I received
    I did the email route because they send a response return email, typically with the ticket number of the issue - that gets the documentation path started - then use that Ticket number reference Every time with that particular issue when you send back, or it'll simply open up a new ticket.
    Each time, i did receive both notifications and personal replies promptly

15. Doubleplay

Doubleplay Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I would like to thank you all for your comments. I contacted EA through the phone number sauteed posted (they called back within 1 minute!!!), and successfully re-established my account. Needless to say, my pessimism with regards to EA is much diminished from yesterday at this time.

16. Miri of Sonoma

Miri of Sonoma Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Yay!!! Congratulations! :)

Queen Mum likes this.
  17. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend

See, they not all evil... Not like the volunteers of Stratics , they are "diablo's" left and right hands,arms and legs ;)

18. Driven Insane

You know I always see all this crap about EA's supposedly lousy customer service.

But when I had a major problem trying to reactivate my accounts after 3 years I called them and they got it fixed no problem and I wasn't on hold for an hour and they didn't charge me long distance fees. Pretty sure they have a 1-800 number somewhere.

Just saying :)

19. Luvmylace

Luvmylace Sage
    Stratics Veteran

they do but don't advertise 1-866-543-5435

20. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

not sure of the creation date, but:
    mythicmktg.fileburst.net/uo/uoherald/other/AccountActivation.pdf

21. Ludes

Ludes Babbling Loonie

These type of posts ease my fears of Ultima going away soon.

Queen Mum and Sevin0oo0 like this.
  22. Gilmour

Gilmour Certifiable

-sarcasm
    At least they don't spam "ERROR 37" ..
    - end sarcasm

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!