1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Account Deleted

Discussion in 'UHall' started by gjohnson5, Aug 4, 2008.

1. gjohnson5

gjohnson5 Guest

My original account tonyjohn5 on stratics appears to be deleted
    Was I caught duping posts on these forums?

Why was my account deleted?

2. packrat

packrat Guest

When was the last time you posted? The old forums went down and they made this one a temporary one and turned it to the regular one.

3. gjohnson5

gjohnson5 Guest

You gotta be kidding me
    So they could not transfer users from the old forum to the temporary one?

4. They made a process where you can switch your old post count over to the new forums, and combine old and new logins. Not sure the link, I didn't do it myself ... i don't get warm fuzzy feelings seeing myself with a big post count.

5. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

They CAN transfer them - you just got to send in the request to have your old user account merged with whatever new one you want (and they can tweak the name for you in the process), as it's done manually.

6. Radun

Radun Guest

i didn't have to apply for anything or create a new account or do anything manually... my normal login just worked

7. gjohnson5

gjohnson5 Guest

It's been a several months. I just wanted to see my posts. I searched for them and didn't see them. What was the problem that made it necessary for everyone to lose thier posts? Duping , lol

8. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

It varies from case to case - in some cases IIRC part of the account info was garbled, and it might take some more detective work. In a few cases they might have been lost completely. You really won't know until you check with Brekkee.

9. packrat

packrat Guest

The server went down and they are still transfering the old info to the new server.

10. Sheridan

Sheridan Guest

For further details and to get your account merged, please see this thread.