1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Account name mismatch, and unable to write to file.

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Viquire, Sep 13, 2014.

1. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Out of town on a laptop which has been reliable previously. In or out of assist I have these errors. Didn't seem like a bug to place in bugs forum. I have used administrator settings to run both in and out of assist. None of my set ups will save on any of the characters. Old set ups seem to have been wiped.

Did we change the location of a file?

I also went ahead and did a file file check running UO by itself. This does not appear to have helped.

My operating system (seven) now seems to indicate UO is an incompatible program. Um.
    Any thoughts?

2. The Zog historian

The Zog historian Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

It sounds like something happened to the character files, perhaps the folders, some sort of permissions issue. Try deleting the entire folders for any affected characters. They'll be in My Documents, under EA Games\Ultima Online Legacy.

You can first copy the macros2d.txt files to a saved location, so that you can copy them back later and not have to recreate them.

Viquire likes this.
  3. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Renamed the user data file to user datab. I'll finish this fresh install I have started and see if that will save files for the characters and then try copying the information over. Thanks.

4. Jirel of Joiry

Jirel of Joiry Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

you have a space at the end or at the beginning of your name. Sis and I both have had it happen. wipe the name complete out in the name box on the login and retype it.

Viquire likes this.
  5. Jirel of Joiry

Jirel of Joiry Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Crap I wish I could have helped you before you reinstalled. Poor guy you're gonna be patching forever.

Viquire likes this.
  6. Aran

Aran INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION!
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend -A-

Eh, no more than an hour or so, they've updated the installer files relatively recently

Viquire likes this.
  7. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Happy to report these issues have been fixed.

Might have been just as Jirel stated, and I put more effort into the process than was actually necessary. However, as I am still getting my feet under me, and have freshly installed on the desktops at home, I am pretty sure that relearning this process will pay out big dividends in the long run

8. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

It's just a little netbook with an HD that is about two thirds full.

Oh and patching took an hour and a half. Had to start over again this morning when I woke up, scheduled scans crapped the process out in the middle of the night.

Windows and security programs both asserted updates when I turned it on for the first time in about a month yesterday. I just thought there were too many possible variables, and that a fresh install was the wisest course of action.

Thanks to all for the interest and support!

Kayhynn and Tina Small like this.