1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Account subscription E-mail- Possible hack attempt?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Guest, Jan 16, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Got an e-mail today, supposedly from EA Customer Support,
    saying my account would expire in 7 days.
    The link provided (xxxx://www.ultima-registration.com/), to "review"
    my account info, seems to be different from the Account Management

Any thoughts on this?
  2. Guest

Guest Guest

Maybe see if Jeremy can look it over on Uhall? Should your account expire in 7 days?
  3. prostkr

prostkr Guest

ea does send a 7 day warning
  4. Dont go there. go to uo.com. You know uo.com is safe.
    From uo.com goto the account management.
    If in doubt, don;t click.
  5. Guest

Guest Guest

I tried the url you wrote, it forwards you to the account management pages, exactly the same as when you follow the modify account links from www.uo.com (I'm on a linux computer, it was a calculated risk LOL).

It looks fairly legit to me.

Kind regards
  6. Guest

Guest Guest

All the account related activities I have done, via the account portal on uo.com have started with this address:

Maybe they registered another domain and have a redirect on it right now to the above address.

Jeremy should be able to verify if that is a valid EA site, though. (I would say look on EA's site for fraud tools/FAQs like so many large companies have, to help you identify bogus URLs, but then realized what I was about to type, and laughed at myself).

7. Guest

Guest Guest

It's legit:

8. Guest

Guest Guest

9. Kat SP

Kat SP Guest

That looks like an email I have received numerous times on accounts that use gametime codes. As a general precaution, I typically avoid clicking email links. When I get those emails, I go to uo.com and get to the account management page via the official website or through the game client itself.
  10. Guest

Guest Guest

Thanks for all your help, it's just that in the, almost 6 years since I've been
    playing this game, I don't recall ever getting a notice that my account will be
    expiring. Guess I'm a bit gun shy after last years "incident", but better safe than sorry.