1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Account was locked for 30 minutes. Is now unbroken. Disregardable thread (Well, extra disregardable)

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Aran, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Aran

Aran INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION!
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend -A-

Resolved

What a pain in the ass. Two of my accounts just got credit card declines (Durr, forgot to update with my new debit card expiration date and they're on 6mo renewal schedules so I didn't think about it for a few months) and I can't log in to update it. No, I did not put an incorrect password in multiple times, I loaded the EAMythic site, put my info in once, and got the error.

Maybe it's time to just let them stay closed. >:| Tired of fighting this payment system even as rarely as I need to.

#1 Aran, Jul 22, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
    kelmo likes this.
  2. Gamer_Goblin

It's better than when I first played. I remember when I first started UO the only option I had was to call my bank and tell them to stop allowing charges. LOL

3. Aran

No, I wanted the other way around, I was logging in to update my new expiration date to continue paying.

4. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

The website is a joke and I hate it and the Origin Store. Both of them need to be destroyed.

Scott likes this.
  5. Aran

54 minutes later. Account is locked for 30 minutes.

OREOGL likes this.
  6. MalagAste

Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Still? I'd be sending a letter off to Mesanna ASAP.

7. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Where the f@@k is this new account management system we were promised in May? As usual no updates on progress. You would of thought this would be the number one priority.

Scott and Kayhynn like this.
  8. OREOGL

OREOGL Babbling Loonie
    Professional Campaign Patron

Sorry man I had to chuckle at this at your expense.

Hope you got it squared away.

9. MalagAste

Probably the same place as the new website.

DJAd and Lord Frodo like this.
  10. OREOGL

OREOGL Babbling Loonie

We call it the new cash defiance system.

They don't tell us anything when they don't take our money and is always months out on a fix.

11. Aran

10h9min later. Account is locked for 30 minutes.

I suppose I should probably contact support/Mesanna

Scott and OREOGL like this.
  12. Kayhynn

Kayhynn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Silly question - have you tried from a different browser or after clearing cache?

13. Aran

So apparently my password that I haven't changed in ages is now invalid, I'm getting errors trying to reset my password, it's no longer the same as my Origin password (Which still works) and I don't care enough to do anything about it.

14. OREOGL

OREOGL Babbling Loonie

@Mesanna

15. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

If you use uo account name to login to accountpage, remember _uo after accountname

16. Speranza

Speranza Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Number one priority was to take all the codes off the Origin store so we couldn't participate in the EA sale. Remember they ran out of codes for every product at exactly the same time!

CovenantX, Scott, Lord Frodo and 4 others like this.
  17. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Thats only needed when linking to an account. When logging into the EA / Mythic page its email address and password.

Lord Frodo likes this.
  18. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I know, but good to know for players who had been away from before the new system

19. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Now, in their defense, they DID NOT! specify a year for itwhen they said this. It will probably be our 20th anny present :p

Keith of Sonoma and BeaIank like this.
  20. Keith of Sonoma

Keith of Sonoma Certifiable

That is probably right! ASSUMING UO has not closed up shop by then. :(

21. Aran

Tried again before bed, no go. Today account management is down.

22. a slave girl

Stratics Veteran

If your credit/debit card won't work for any reason, it's officially dead to EA.

You can try that card over at Origin.com on a game time code, but if that doesn't work then...

...consider getting a prepaid card to pay this time and next time maybe the old card will work again.

You are correct that there is always the other option to just give up and finally quit UO for good because of EA's silly rules about taking our money.

23. Aran

It has nothing to do with my card not being accepted, it was just an old expiration date that needs to be updated, but I can't login to do so.

24. Olahorand

Olahorand Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Did you use your email based EA Account for login (as you should) or did you try an UO account name directly?

#24 Olahorand, Jul 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
  25. Aran

The same account details I've been using to log into the system since it was implemented.

Also I sent an email to the UO customer service email which goes to Broadsword now, they told me they can't help me, talk to EA.

26. Aran

Okay, just got done with talking to someone from EA. And uh... I'm not sure here.

Apparently my Master Account is banned due to "an infraction" but there's no infraction listed the CS rep could see. My UO accounts have no infractions against them and are all "active" (in quotes because two haven't been paid for for the month, the third is open and I'm currently logged in to it) and I have to contact their account ban dispute department to get it sorted.

It's funny, I haven't even logged in to UO since like... May. The joys of buying six months of game time at once....

Edit: I have three days until my third account's 6mo gametime runs out. If this isn't figured out before that time, I guess it's over.

27. old gypsy

old gypsy Grand Poobah
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Patron PITMUCK

I'm honestly sorry you are having trouble with your account, Aran. No one who pays for this game should have to deal with the unnecessary roadblocks the powers-that-be seem to dish out to their customers. :(

I do hope your problem is resolved. If for any reason it isn't fixed... well, I know it's not much consolation, but I can personally attest that there is life after UO. As much as part of me misses playing, I'm actually happier at the moment and getting more done in the real world. Go figure. o_O

28. Aran

I rarely play UO anyhow. I only went to update my credit card info because I got the email that my card was declined.

29. Kayhynn

Kayhynn Certifiable

So you need to talk to "origin" to find out why your account was banned.

I went round and round with EA and Origin when they banned me for reversing a charge.

Ironically the charge that was reversed was because they billed my account for game time, sent me a message the card had been declined (it hadn't) and didnt' give me game time. I showed proof of all of this to them. They said "sorry we can't give you game time" then I was advised to talk to my card company and have them reverse the charges.

I did that and BAM got banned for reversing charges.

After fighting through that and getting the ban overturned again, I was warned that reversing charges would get me banned again and they may not be so lenient - I'm pretty sure that would go over well in court if they took my money and refused to give me game time again.

30. MalagAste

IMO it likely wasn't "banned" just the moron at EA/Origin read the blurb we all get when our account goes inactive due to non-payment and just read as far as your account may have been banned... and assumed that it indeed WAS banned and that's why he couldn't find out why it was banned... because it wasn't and he's just an idiot. That's my opinion.

31. a slave girl

Stratics Veteran

Oh I need to read more carefully.

What is this Master Account you speak of?

Wouldn't that be your Mythic account that you log into to pay your subscription fee or apply an upgrade code? The actual UO account is linked to this Master account and if you were foolish you linked ALL your UO accounts to this same (email) Master Account at Mythic dot come. (I don't mean YOU specifically were foolish I mean anyone in general.)

I think it would be possible to be banned via the Mythic Master account and yet still be able to log into UO the game, as those are separately named accounts, you can play at least until your paid time finally runs out.

At this point you will be locked out of account management and not be allowed to pay your subscription fee so your 90 days until your house falls timer kicks in.

You have to admit there is logic to this plan since in effect you are allowed to play the remaining time you have paid for. So no court battle here.

If you did nothing to earn a ban then possibly a GM typo tagged your account and not the true banned account.

:(

We log into our Master Accounts using an email address, so someone with an email one character different would be easy to type incorrectly.

32. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

EA is working on it as UO has nothing to do when it comes to collecting money, managing accounts or selling UO related items. Looks like EA may be the people setting the price for the new expansion too as they run the store that it will be sold in, not UO. This opinion is all based on this thread http://stratics.com/threads/email-from-ea.345693/ and the links/comments in it. Good luck on getting your accounts straightened out.

33. Aran

Well, I'm not banned.

[email protected] <[email protected]>
    3:17 PM (2 hours ago)
    [​IMG]

to me
    [​IMG]
    Hello,

Thank you for contacting us regarding your EA Account account.

Unfortunately, we cannot assist you with this particular query. We can only help with disputes regarding notices and restrictions applied to accounts due to violations of our Terms of Service.

You can contact one of our Game Advisors for further assistance at https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

Thank you,

Edit: Or maybe I am? I'm talking to another "Game Advisor" who says my account IS banned/disabled, but can't figure out why, and is working on finding a cause for it right now.

#33 Aran, Jul 25, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
    kelmo likes this.
  34. Aran

So it had to be escalated to another team because while it's blocked, there's literally zero indication why on the account. I spent about a half an hour talking to the Game Advisor and he couldn't find anything.

Well, I have another day or two until my gametime runs out on my main account. Dunno if it'll automatically switch back over to my Visa or not (I bought a 6mo gametime code last on a rewards card)

Edit: Nope, didn't auto-renew. Now all three accounts are closed, temporarily or otherwise.

#34 Aran, Jul 25, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2015
    kelmo likes this.
  35. Flutter

Flutter Always Present

I have a friend who says when he tries to log in he gets some sort of msg about the terms of service agreement violation. It sounds really similar to what your issue is. I am sharing this thread with him.

36. Kayhynn

Kayhynn Certifiable

I have a strange idea.

There's a new Terms of Service agreement that pops up when you login and you can't do anything until you agree to it.

I'm not positive - but maybe it's blocked by pop-up blockers and when declined put you in TOS violation? Possibly?

37. Aran

Oh goddamnit.

I got things sorted out, account unbanned. But the reason it got banned is really annoying and I have more things to sort out.

CapitalOne went absolutely apecake on my recent-ish transactions recently because of one unauthorized charge. They went back and did a chargeback on eveeeeeeeeeeryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy charge in the previous ~9 months even though I talked to someone from their fraud department and told them they were all legitimate purchases before that date. I thought I had taken care of everything, apparently I missed an EA charge, so I got banned for the chargeback.

Now I need to go through my CapitalOne history again and make sure that was the only one I missed.

Argh.

38. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

God had nothing to do with it.

CovenantX, Lord Frodo and Uriah Heep like this.
  39. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

Well I guess we know what's in your wallet....

40. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

*chuckles*

41. Aran

Tossed that card in the safe, haven't looked at it since, even though it's my prettiest card (Van Gogh's Starry Night). Especially since I got the Amazon rewards card.

Completely off topic but I got that rewards card right before a motorcycle accident. I bounced all my hospital bills through it (The insurance paid to me, I paid the bills) and wound up with an extra ~$100 in rewards points after bills and buying some bike parts (also paid for by insurance), which was awesome.

And then totally squandered them on some dumb nerd ****! :D

42. Speranza

Speranza Slightly Crazed

Anime body pillows is more weaboo than nerd.....

43. Aran

Project much?

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!