1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Accounts,Housing,rewards,account age,and the like.

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Shakkar, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Shakkar

Shakkar Guest

Currently in UO many of us have multiple accounts. Many of us keep all our accounts active with no lapse(guess we like playing more). However some players leave thier accounts inactive not paying anything to UO for the service. In the end these players get to keep houses without paying for them but once for one month every 6 months? They get account age and rewards based on when acct started not on if it was active. Does anyone else see a problem with this accepted practice? Its my personal opinion that if people pay they should get something(service).And people whom do not pay monthly should receive less than those that pay. So My question is when will UO reward the loyal players and stop this exploit that is currently in place in housing? If anyone deserves it, its the loyal constant players, not those trying to get another house plot(or 50) by not paying for them Except after months of inactivity just to keep it.shouldnt the loyal monthly players be able to get a better home? Little hard to do when all there is ,is homes with no players in them ever, and that will never fall And you wondering around scratchiing ur head saying go figure. i say make it one month after non payment ,house goes idoc that way you dont lose any by a uo mistake.and it wil lmake the non payers get less than 4 weeks after each time they will definatly not get much in the way then. and any account that goes in ctive 5 time in a year gets acct age reset to next time they reup. lets make it fair for all.

2. Serafi

Serafi Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

The grace period of 90 days is also good for those of us who pay monthly. Real life has a way of imposing itself on you... Cards run out, you might move to a different location. Stuff happens. It`s good then to have more than a month to be able to sort it out with your accounts.

Those who play the 90 day lottery risk losing everything if they forget. I have been to plenty of idocs where that was the case. I don`t pay monthly because I like to play more. I pay monthly because then I don`t have to think about it. I keep my accounts active even when I am out testing other games. It`s just more practical for me as I know I will be coming back. I like to have the option of logging in whenever I want.

Keeping the 90 day grace period for the people that do pay is more important I think than limiting the few that play the lottery here.

3. Mirt

Mirt Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Account rewards are only for active time. Not when it was started so they are not getting rewards for that at all.

4. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Really? I didn't. My account was inactive for about 5 years. I didn't gain any extra age while it was on hold. It just carried on from where it left off before.

5. Tazar

Tazar Guest

Originally, accounts aged whether they were open or not. This was changed 8 years or more ago and at this point, accounts should not age while deactivated.

6. old gypsy

old gypsy Grand Poobah
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Patron PITMUCK

I could be wrong, but I believe players were given credit for account age (active or not) from the date they first started UO until vet rewards were introduced. From that point on, accounts only aged during those times they were kept active.

christy1221 and Ludes like this.
  7. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

That sounds about right.
    Also, I am under the impression (possibly mistaken) that the proposal to shorten the grace period from 90 days to 30 days was dropped, at least in part, due to deployment of troops/players overseas.

Queen Mum likes this.
  8. Queen Mum

Queen Mum Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Yes that was part of the reasoning along with with the Asian Tsunami followed by Hurricane Katrina ...

9. Woodsman

Woodsman Guest

The bugged or Return to Brit houses should be addressed, that would free up a lot of houses.

10. Petra Fyde

Return to Brit is, if I understand correctly, very hard to do. The accounts they are on were not counted as 'active' when the houses were placed, so the housing server/accounts link cannot track them.

Sevin0oo0 likes this.
  11. christy1221

christy1221 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I re-opened one of my accounts that was made in 2003 and it says it's 12 months old so mine didn't age at all. :)

12. Shakkar

Shakkar Guest

perhaps if the return to brit houses were addressed first it would make changing the current housing decay system not needed.but,something has to be done in regards to these houses that are never used or ocuppied.And free up some space for active players to get their dream home placed.As far as vet rewards the people who shuffle there accts around by not paying monthly when activated again thier accounts update eventually and allow them to ride say polar bear ethys tho they never payed for more than have of those 10 years. just doesnt seem fair and I still think some type of incentive should be given to those loyal players that never lapse on thier account.:next:

13. christy1221

christy1221 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I don't know about others but I have old accounts that I have re opened and their age is based on how long they have actually been open not on actual age. Like I said above I have one that was created in 2003 and it says it's 12 months old so as far as I know they don't update eventually

14. Ludes

Ludes Babbling Loonie

I also can confirm account age works just like Old Gypsy said..

15. the 4th man

the 4th man Lore Master

Welp....I log on everyday, have two house locations, and don't see a soul. Heck, I see more players on the high seas,,,,,,yarrr

16. Woodsman

Woodsman Guest

Same, I did not get credit for the years I was away from UO.

17. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot

Shakkar while I aplaud you for trying to help the game I need to remind you too that many houses placed are Grandfathered.
    I can account for at least 66 or more houses give or take a few... many of my accounts are grandfather'ed but I do have as alot here know 53 accounts of which 47 active.... And I can be honest I have had to use the 90 day bit when money was tight.... medical bills for emergencys etc...
    I do understand your wish to tighten down on freeloaders but kitten your call for 30 days is not fair to many in the boat of finacial or physical hardship. Saw a house yesterday, house sign said " Off to Afganistan, hope to be home in one piece" Those players dont need to worry about their game house!
    As for account age / rewards time You do not gain time/ age if your account is off. I have a good handfull I started back before AoS that are still under 12 mo old!!! hehe till my son started to readd homes to the list! Thanks alot to who ever gave him the idea of Atlantic .......... there went my plan to cut back accounts..... mutters about kids and their toys....

18. claudia-fjp

claudia-fjp Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

You pay a month and get 3 months, not 6. The first 3 months were from the last time they paid, you can't count the 3 months before AND after they open the account to keep the house up.

19. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I think the housing decay may be broke tbh...I had a house on my main account I took a 5 year break cancelled all my accounts because I became fed up with the same ole lies..so naturally I come back and my house and all items decayed ..it's ok expected that..but as I was going thru my runes I found an old tune to alt accounts house..account has been inactive for 7-8 years and the house still stands with no active account

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Ludes

Ludes Babbling Loonie

Housing Decay is NOT broke... I run three accounts.. two houses on Cats and one on Siege...
    If you skip a payment on a house more than twice it WILL go into decay..

Long as you never skip it more than twice your fine...

21. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

well explain how I have a house at fel yew gate still standing and that account has been inactive for years

I'm not saying you're wrong I trust 100% that's the cAse but why is mine still up :/ mind boggling really..how many other houses in UO are "bugged" in this way

22. Petra Fyde

Is there a possibility that you may have used that account during one of the free 'back to Britain' promotions? Houses placed during those promotions weren't tracked by the accounts system because the account wasn't officially open.

23. Ludes

Ludes Babbling Loonie

Well I can't be sure of course but I would start the debate by saying I think it was a Welcome Back to Brit house and you don't really own it.. bet you linked it to a seperate email address than your main... No way to call ya though...

Dang Petra.. wish I could type fast!

24. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

That's a possibility..it was about 6-7 yrs ago I believe