1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Acct mergers

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Flora Green, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Flora Green

Flora Green Guest

I know this has been asked and answered many times, but a friend of mine needs the info on how to merge her current and imported accounts. Any help?

Thx.

2. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Contact Petra....

3. Lady_Calina

Lady_Calina Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

You can merge accounts?
    ...If I just built up a brand new T-Hunter because I wanted to close a spare account but not lose my T-Hunter... I'll be sooooo mad.

4. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

stratics accounts not UO accounts (pre-and-post-stratics-crash)

5. Lady_Calina

Lady_Calina Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Oh!
    *Smacks head*
    Nvm then! LOL!

6. Flora Green

Flora Green Guest

Contact Petra via PM? Is there an e-mail address, also?

7. Lyconis

Lyconis Sage
    Stratics Veteran

If you had your "accounts" merged.. could you say
    edit an old post of yours like my Out of date post in the IDOC Builder Thread that has the user name of "imported_Lyconis"?
    If so I might be interested so I could add thumbnails and images and placement tutorials to it.

8. Ravahan

Ravahan Guest

I'd be interested to know if there's a way to recover my old account under the same username. All my old posts are now logged as "guest", so I figured it was just deleted... would be nice, mostly for the correct join date and such. Feels like folk sometimes don't take you as seriously as they might when your join date is this year.

9. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

Actually they don't take you seriously when you actually care how many post counts you have. Having almost 2k postings since a Dec 08 join date does not mean your opinion(s) are valuable, it simply means you have more free time on your hands than others.

10. Ravahan

Ravahan Guest

Hey, when you've been out of work as long as I have, you gotta find something to fill the time! But seriously, I've seen suggestions that folk are newbs or that they for whatever reason create new usernames for posts based on join date/post count. So yes, to some people it does actually matter.

I'd love to see my old posts have my name on them again. Got one or two floating around in stickied threads.

Got anything constructive to add to the thread?

11. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

I'm still missing about 5k posts.

(do search on "...la" and guest as the poster) Mine aren't too hard to find, lol...la

12. Dragonchilde

Dragonchilde Guest

Yes, you can recover old accounts *points at join date*

I was not able to recover my old post count, though (I was a Lore Master, once upon a time)

But somehow, I'm finding that I just don't care. ;) I'm glad to have my old account regardless of its post count.

13. Flora Green

Flora Green Guest

Thank you, Mags :)

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!