1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Acct transfer info please.

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by Mac, Feb 28, 2014.

1. Mac

Mac Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Howdy folks, so I have a 7 yr old acct on Baja, and thinking about transferring to a more populated shard. What options are open to me for this type of transfer?

Thanks folks,
    Mac

2. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Hello I did the same thing a few years ago. I moved from Europa to Atlantic.

You have 2 options really.

1. Buy a transfer token for each char you want to move and do it that way.

2. Transfer 1 char over to the new shard carrying any items etc you want to bring. Then just make new characters on the new shard.

I transfered my crafter over to start with as I didn't fancy training up all the crafting skills again. I then just made all new characters on Atlantic and start them from scratch. This way I saved money on xfer tokens and still left some chars on Europa that were "combat ready". I might over also used another xfer token for a fully trained mage but I cant remember.

Now if you have lots of fully trained and scrolled up chars you might want to bring all those with you and starting over might now be an option?

3. Mac

Mac Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Hey there DJ,

Yeah, I just started a new toon on ATL, gonna be a peace tamer. There are some of the toons I'd like to bring over, but the crafter might be the one for me to bring, not a bad idea. He can bring with him all he can carry...is that correct? Anything else I should know before I do this?

Mac

You've helped me with info in the past, but thanks again.

4. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

You can fill a bankbox, backpack, what you are wearing and any pets. So grab some pack horses and load them up! I can't remember if the horses need to be bonded so that needs to be confirmed.

I've also had some people on stratics who offer their xfer services to sometimes bring a few odds and ends over.

5. Mac

Mac Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

So bank box goes with you too...hmmmmm, should be able to carry a lot of stuff. Guess I'll wait about a week to work this new toon up some so he can go looking for a housing spot, maybe sell a bunch of the stuff I have that weights a ton, boards and ore, and start sorting thru stuff, thanks DJ. Now I just gotta get me a Mage training suit to get this new guy worked up, spend a few days getting ready and I think I'll move my crafter.

Mac

Ps...do runes from one shard work on another, I would think they do, but gotta ask.

6. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Hi mate. Yes runes will work as normal. Also if you are heading to Atlantic drop me a pm and I can make you a basic Mage suit to train in.

7. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Put your heavy weights of resources on commodity deeds. You can take up to 5 pack horses fully loaded, but if you do be very sure that the last command you give them is 'all follow me'. If you've told them to 'stay' there's a chance that's exactly what they'll do. Stay behind on the old shard.

8. Mac

Mac Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

DJ, thanks bud, I'll let ya know when I arrive. Gonna start putting it together today, will probably be ready on Monday or Tuesday.

Petra, geeeez, that would be just like me, make the arrangements, get everything setup, and tell the packies to stay, lololol.

DJAd likes this.
  9. Mac

Mac Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Hey guys,

What about pets, they gonna be in the stable on the new server, or....?

10. azmodanb

azmodanb Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

11. Mac

Mac Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

So, to take some of the suspense out of this move, what does it look like? Is it a moon gate I step thru? Where is it going to dump me on the new shard? Spent the last few hrs putting tons of stuff on com deeds and preparing my money man to go thru to get us a home. I'm sending two toons, gonna send the archer and the crafter.

It's funny how bad I feel leaving the other toons behind.....bard/thunder and tamer .

12. azmodanb

azmodanb Grand Poobah

You hit go.. it logs you out... and for up to an hour you can't log into the shard ur leaving or the new one.
    No special moongate and its not instant. You appear in west brit.

13. Mac

Mac Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

LOL, well hell, I was thinking it would be much more dramatic, lolol.

14. Mac

Mac Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

1st toon is on his way to his new home, once he's there, 2nd toon is ready to rock and roll.

DJAd likes this.
  15. azmodanb

azmodanb Grand Poobah

lol right?!?!???!!!!

16. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Did it all go ok?

17. Mac

Mac Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Well, I have transferred two toons with no problems and then I have tried the third and last one this morning...problem.

When I try to transfer, it comes back saying I must dismiss my personal attendant....I don't have a personal attendant. Put in a Gm request for assistance about 20 minutes ago, no telling how long this will take, but this is the last one I'm transferring.

I'll let ya know what happens once this is solved.
    Mac