1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Accusations of cheating

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Petra Fyde, Nov 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

We're moving far too many of them.

They aren't acceptable, they break Stratics RoC and serve no purpose.

If you have strong proof of wrong doing send it to EA, it's their responsibility.

2. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Protect them if you like, but as long as the cheaters cheat, we will continue to publically embarrass them. Do what ya gotta do as a mod, I suppose, but EA has been aware of the problem for years and years and does nothing. There is no reason this community should tolerate cheaters or dance around the issue. This is Siege. By the time players get here, they shouldn't have to cheat to win.

3. Petra Fyde

I am 'protecting' no one. I am enforcing the RoC of this board.

I'm not going to debate this issue.

4. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

There is nothing to debate. You stated facts. I stated facts.

5. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

So when exactly do infraction points expire, and what is the total limit? Just curious.

6. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

:coco:

7. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Yeah, stick to emoticons! :loser:

8. Petra Fyde

Sorry Sweeny, I'm not at liberty to reveal that.

9. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

That is utterly ridiculous, Petra. Points expire in 60 days, Sweeny. I do not know what the limit is, but I can understand not wanting to reveal that part, I suppose.

10. Petra Fyde

I had no permission to give any more information than is provided in the FAQ. Since you have other information you've discovered for yourself, I've no objection to you providing it.

11. ayahuasca

ayahuasca Guest

Hon da.
    I am not sure about this issue. I don't actively pursue pvp unless it is forced upon me, and I'm not sure if I'd recognize a cheater if he did back-flips in front of me.
    This seems like an issue that would be terribly difficult to prove. I would really hesitate to call someone out on a charge like that, when so many other things could have happened (lag, game mechanics, "biscuit lag", cat pulling on my mouse cord- even just plain old bad luck) that I missed or didn't notice.
    I hope people don't cheat. That would make it harder on the other players. But if their personal image suffers so much that they can't compete on an even playing field with others, I feel sorry for them. They have some rl issues they need to address.
    It is hard when you see people fighting and throwing rocks here. Odd as it sounds, it's like seeing a big fight at the neighbors" place. Some people may puill up a chair and pop a soda to watch the fireworks, but it is distressing to some of us. If this is a real and major issue, perhaps their is a need for a plan to identify and prove these issues to those that can do something about them. I know that at times it feels like talking to a wall, but I have seen people get things changed before.
    Myself, I would try that before making an accusation that could be false. I like the people I play with. I enjoy their company, their posts, their opinions. They improve my gaming experience. I hope I never hurt anyones' feelings here. To do so deliberately and then find out I was mistaken would be terrible.

12. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Can we accuse guild leaders of playing useless characters and contributing nothing to their guild and running mid-fight to save their own tails and only PvPing on boards and being of no real value to the shard? If so Kat read all of the above. You can accuse me of using a run on sentence.

13. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

You could, but it wouldn't be the truth. The fact is that I was there doing what needed to be done with my crafter. I later switched to my thief and those are the only 2 characters I use in PvP. There wasn't much more I could do, but keep grasping at straws to make yourself feel better about your lack of PvP ability.

14. Revvo

Revvo Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Do you not consider publicly stating you will not abide by the wishes of the moderators more than a little disrespectful to Kelmo who is supposed to be your friend and guildmate as well as a moderator here? Half the reason people claim moderation bias is because of attitudes like this, you must make it very difficult for Kelmo to do his job yet you seem comfortable with that, harsh.

15. Turtle

Turtle Guest

Don't be so hard on Elmer.

16. Petra Fyde

Can I just make it clear, these are not the 'wishes of the moderators' they are the Rules of Conduct of the Stratics boards.

17. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Revvo, I sense that you have failed when it comes to keeping track of the happenings on Siege. Beyond that, several members of this community will claim moderator bias no matter what mods or any of the rest of us do. Despite the fact that I have no ties to Petra or Mo, whatsoever, they sometimes get accused of the same. You know as well as I do, that no matter how I conduct myself, the accusations will be the same, but thanks for your concern.

18. Revvo

Revvo Slightly Crazed

Then stop threatening to enforce them and enforce them, the same people are saying the same things as they did five years ago and different mods are making the same threats with no real action.

19. Revvo

Revvo Slightly Crazed

Apparently so, i guess enough people put Kelmo in a bad position so much so he had to quit your guild? What hope is there of community when you all can't even show respect to your friends !

The real thing killing U.O is the players not E.A.

20. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

My but you are full of assumptions, but that last part, I agree wholeheartedly with.

21. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

What's publicly embarrassing is how stupid some people look on their private crusades to justify why they get their asses beat day in and day out. When they themselves cheat and harbor cheaters. When they themselves play with the win at-all-costs mentality they constantly ***** about. When they themselves are so ridiculously jealous since even with the numbers, with the cheap tactics and even with the cheats... they still get out classed by KOC.

Oh, but you're right. There really is no reason this community should tolerate cheaters. So thanks to people like you, we have to dance around the issue because if it wasn't for your constant pancakes and moaning about how people who don't cheat-cheat, we wouldn't have to worry about false accusations tarnishing good peoples reputations of stomping your face in just because you get kapwnt.

::NEWS FLASH:: You're not good at PvP.

Now continue your cry fest. :sad2:

story time! :popcorn:

22. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

*noted*

23. Turtle

Turtle Guest

Your posting on the SP forum not LS. You might want to login once a week to the server you claim to know so much about before you start saying what happens here on a day to day basis. :sad3:

24. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

Sorry, I'm not going to argue with a doofus... you're just going to bring me down to your level and beat me with experience.

Story time! :popcorn:

25. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I think Petra made her point. There is no further discussion needed here.

26. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Should have been read by now. Released from sticky status.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.