1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Ack! Need help getting UO to work on my computer

Discussion in 'UHall' started by UltimaSword, Jul 13, 2008.

1. UltimaSword

UltimaSword Guest

I installed UO twice via internet download from file planet and FTP. Both times I got this error after it finished patching and I click "ok" :

"Ultima Online Client has encountered a problem and needs to close."

You know the usual error. I was thinking maybe it is because I am running windows xp 64....

I know it is a tiny amount of info to run on but anyone of any ideas of what the heck is going on?

2. Raina

Raina Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

2D or KR?

I've been using the 2D client on XP64 pretty much since it's release without issue.

~Rai

3. UltimaSword

UltimaSword Guest

2D.... Might be the files downloaded I will try and find a cd in my house thanks. Knowing it does work on 64X is good.

4. Raina

Raina Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Ya, I will say my install was off of the AoS CD at home, but I've also successfully installed it off of the download from EA's ftp as well.

~Rai

5. Lady D

Lady D Guest

had that prob with my lab top installing KR and 9th anny i found installing a old version of uo helped (sam empire) i also found disabling my virus softwear i was able to install KR and 9th anny. I rather install the old version then disable my virus softwear :)

6. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Lady D:

Ever think about downloading, disconnecting your laptop from the net (you can turn off the wireless, after all), then turn off your AV software, and installing, turning the software back on (followed by your net connection) after you install?

If a virus is lurking where your AV wouldn't detect it when running, turning off the AV is no different from having it on, as your AV isn't gonna stop it either way.

7. Nok

Nok Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Hi Lady D,

You may want to consider updating your AV software.