1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Ack! Since when?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Dor of Sonoma, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Recently, I've been busying myself cleaning up old business - like those partially-filled BODs that have been taunting me for years.

In the process, I have been happily substituting the more valuable leather type, or exceptional pieces for normal, where I lack one, crucial small BOD to complete a large one.

Until now, that is. I've a leather armor 6-piece 10-count Horned normal LBOD that has been sitting in my house for literally years, lacking only a small 10 leather gorget to complete it. Driving me nuts...finally, I caved and decided to donate one of my scarce Barbed BODs, just to finally finish it.

Filled the Barbed normal 10 leather gorget, and tried to combine it - and got this message: "Both orders must use the same leather type."

What am I missing here? Isn't Barbed leather superior to Horned? I cannot figure out what I did wrong. Has something altered this week, or did I just hit a buggy BOD?

2. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Bod's will make you crazy... *nods*

3. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

You can't substitute one type of leather for another, even if it is better. You can only sub regular for exceptional. :(

4. BardMal

BardMal Guest

I think you can put an exceptional into a normal, but not trade leather types.

personally, I prefer horned to barbed; I'm not that much of a "barbi" guy, I'm more of a ... :eyes:

5. I've always been able to substitute Spined for regular leather, and Horned for Spined.

Hrmm.

6. WildWobble

WildWobble Sage
    Stratics Veteran

You can substitute a higher gorget say barbed for spined in the spined small deed but you can not combinde a barbed bod deed into your large spined it just how it works if you want to be anal you could argue that you filled each of the smalls in the large with higher quality leather and should get the better reward but it just not how it works sorry.

7. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

:D:D:D

8. Pink Dragoness

Pink Dragoness Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Dor, I only remember being able to do that with the footware. Have not done it in awhile so I am not sure if you still can.

9. A horned leather gorget 10 pc?

Well I thought I had one but I do not - if I find one I will let you know however!

10. Oriana

Oriana Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

What he said!!

11. Miri of Sonoma

Miri of Sonoma Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Hail Dor! :) I have a 10 horned gorget for you.

12. Ni-

Ni- Guest

...tehehe...

13. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

I've never been able to "trade down" BOD material types, except for putting into normal leather BODs.

14. Ohhhh, nice! Let me know what you would like in trade for it, please :)

*hugs Miri*

As for the the original post...I think that this fever has eaten my brain. It still makes no sense to me, but I believe the rest of you!

15. Miri of Sonoma

Miri of Sonoma Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I sent you a PM Dor