1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Activated an account with grandfathered houses

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Eht/Longbow, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Eht/Longbow

Eht/Longbow Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

So I activated my account with grandfathered houses, will these no longer stay up because they still show that they are going to fall. What do I do?

2. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I don't think there is anything you can do. It was stated long long ago that any change to status would end the grandfathering. Add a house, or go into decay from lack of subscription does that. You can try what you want, might page a GM, but I don't see much hope there unless a GM will fix it. Normally, before this billing fiasco we just suffered thru, they wouldnt take care of the grandfathered...just made you pick the one tyou wanted to keep and make it primary. GM is worth a shot tho

3. Eht/Longbow

Eht/Longbow Journeyman

I spoke with a GM he said it would be all good in the morning.

4. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

5. Ezekiel Zane

Ezekiel Zane Grand Inquisitor

From the Playguide on the UOHerald. It's always been this way.

A GM should not be able to help you. Only one house will un-condemn. The rest have to be traded or they will fall.+

http://www.uoherald.com/node/217

6. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I hold the opinion some GM's are outstanding, however some are less than stellar. Hopefully you ran across one of the outstanding ones. On the off chance you didn't, I thought you may need this. Better to have the knowledge and not need it, than to need the knowledge and not have it. :)

said in this thread: http://vboards.stratics.com/uhall/259360-[uo-herald]-update-housing-decay.html

7. Ezekiel Zane

Ezekiel Zane Grand Inquisitor

He's talking about grandfathered houses though. Multiple houses on one account. You CANNOT allow an account with grandfathered houses to enter decay. That's been the rule ever since they created the grandfathered status.

8. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I understand that EZ, however we do not have the full story either. IF this specific account fell into decay due to the account management fiasco, and through no fault of the OP, then that is something imo they should not take a hardline stance on. However, it's not my call to make. *shrugs* That would be up to Mesanna or a higher up to decide, which is why I provided the info the OP may need. I know I wouldn't trust it to the GM's if it were mine. On occasion they give a variety of seemingly incorrect information if some of the stories are to be believed.

9. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot

Sorry guys I know for a fact that no gm, not even Mesanna can fix a grandfathered acount back to predecay status and have all houses remain under the grandfathered state.

Its a old system the houses are under and is no longer able to be done. Only if they lift the 1 house per account status and revert back to the way it was years ago is the only way. Its in the house coding system, its something they cant over ride.

I wish it was other wise, but the poor guy is going to need alot more accounts...

10. claudia-fjp

claudia-fjp Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Don't be so sure the housing system is as cleanly coded as you think. Not to mention CAN do and WILL do are two different things. There are some odd things that they have done with houses.

Like a grandfathered house that started to decay but was fixed by a GM to stay at like new status forever.

Malas Castles from the AoS launch are able to be held on accounts already owning a house without putting the old house in decay. That's 2 houses on 1 account.

The 15 x 15 New Magincia house I won but didn't want to keep isn't decaying despite not paying for another month after winning it...

11. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot

Yes there are ways to keep a house "new" but it doesnt address the returning to grandfathered status of all the accounts homes... Mistakes were made by billing and GM's and Dev alike have had to find creative ways to fix their unwitting boo boo's. I was told that the Castles given away in malas were in the system as a add on to an exsisting account and only linked ... not an actual part of that account.

As for the Magincia houses... I have seen many this week in states of decay around the shards perhaps yours has a bug or the timer has yet to hit 90 days in the uo data base.

Now I am not saying a Dev cant go in the coding and do a retro fix if all else was impossible but the amount that would cost in time on EA's budget........ I seriously doubt they would do such a thing unless the decay process was at their fault. The Legal department has over the years had the Dev and GM's replace and fix players homes after a major snafu and build an account back up from scratch. This after threats of legal action, but that was in the past.

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!