1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Adamu end of event interaction log.

Discussion in 'UO Atlantic' started by EM_Bennu, May 8, 2011.

1. EM_Bennu

EM_Bennu UO Event Moderator
    UO Event Moderator UO Event Moderator

For those that missed/couldn't read the end of arc/event text at the end of last nights event here is the text log.

----

The Crowning of Adamu Wellings was going according to plan until he was about to sit on the throne. The Time Lord interrupted and demanded that Adamu come with him, Adamu agreed only if his friends could come with him.

In the Hall of the Silver Serpent, the floor had given away to reveal a section of the Ethereal Void which The Time Lord beckoned Adamu into. Explaining that the world was only a cradle for him and that his true destiny awaited him. Adamu tempted by the infinite entered with the Time Lord, hand in hand.

After a short time the Time Lord returned, only seemingly slightly different...

2. soulstoner

soulstoner Guest

Iz just wondering how many of those blue paintings were given out at the 5-7-11 event!? I know that not all who battled ended up with one at the battle site. Nor at the '10 second opportunity' back at the regrouping spot after the battle scene with lagginess it was impossible to reach the temporary 10 second time 'second chance' spot from mid to far side of room.

Guessing not so many! I’d noticed a vendor in Luna, of all places, had sticker price of 75 mill – on one of these paintings!! It's a tough job to balance between Feast & FaMiNe.

Nice to see there are still perks for players whose style enjoys rares sales and mongering. Reminds me of rl business and politics in a society i.e. perks for small circle of special interests...tee hee :p

Thanks for the good time Bennu!! :hug:
    Sugar & Sprice & everything nice :)

PS Happy Trails in your move - hope you don't get lost in a time warp.
    I'm sure you'll be missed in your time off

3. EM_Bennu

EM_Bennu UO Event Moderator
    UO Event Moderator UO Event Moderator

Because of the tone of your original post I resolved not to reply to this at all, however since you have cleaned it up a "bit" (or it was cleaned up for you)...

I thought we cleared all this up in your last post Soulstoner?

I can not tell if you are upset because you:

#1: Missed the Event. (It's been announced for weeks)

#2: Got bored with the event because there was only limited fighting and left before there was a reward given. (Not my fault, 100+ people stayed till the end and enjoyed themselves.)

#3: Think there is something shady going on. (There isnt, and never is.)

#4: Think people pay too much for rare items. (They do, but I have no part in any of that business.)

#5: Just want to be sarcastic and get me to reply. (meh)

The event was announced weeks ago, it went very well, we had a lot of people there, a reward was given to everyone that attended the event.

The 'second' opportunity was for those that didnt realize they had to click the statue, so it was explained before hand and was quick enough so that only those in the room at the end could get it and there wasn't time for people to ICQ their friends/family/brother/sister/cousin to come get a free reward and not attend the event.

Event rewards are for those that attend the events.

The "poll" you keep referring to is very old, worded extremely poorly and was put up more than a year ago by a different EM team (Eris/Nestor)... Do I really need to spend a month redesigning the webpage instead of pushing out events?

Ill admit the webpage does have some issues, however Im not exactly 'adept' at web page design and have done the best I can with it without totally wiping the whole thing and starting from scratch (This would mean losing all content on the page)

The website does what it is designed to do, announces events.

This event was the Arc Ender of over 8 months of fiction, I spent weeks thinking of the reward for the event, so I am happy the reward is popular... as I put a lot of thought into it.

Hopefully it means a little more to those who were actually at the event and participated in the Arc.

EMs provide fiction into the game world, (We covered that in our last discourse).

I hope this helps. Your sarcasm at the end is not appreciated.

4. Ahuaeyjnkxs

Ahuaeyjnkxs stranger diamond

soulstoner has had a little too a many magic cigarettes... nothing to worry about.

But there is something shady going on, although it would be stupid for a player to assume an EM would have a part in that.

The EM event history has been erased twice now, thanks for not sending the others into the ethers as well with your remaining timelord powers :)

I'm playing siege now... I'll try to attend more of your events as I always enjoyed them ! Keep up the good work...

Just one thing... who decided the time lord was too old ? Cause that would imply that now EVIL has free reign over britannia... he always meant timeless balance (although for a price)...

He seemed to mean balance in himself too...

5. soulstoner

soulstoner Guest

Thank you for your interest in feedback & comments.

bf & I were there for the entire event. Took soulstoner to the castle for the initial gathering ceremony and enjoyed participating in that, then took her home before it was time to head to the instance & jumped a character that can battle and entered the gate from the castle to the instance with the rest of the gang. Enjoyed the killing of evil - t'was not too crazy. Then, noticed peeps thanking Bennu for a map/picture and asking if it could be dyed ... but did not understand how it was bequeathed.

We then utilized the moongate that was eventually made accessible behind the hedges to the EM Hall. When you acknowledged there at the EM Hall some folks had missed the opportunity at the instance for the souvenir & stated you will provide a 2nd opportunity for 10 seconds only we couldn't get to the blue '10 second statue' on the far side of the room there within what seemed less than 10 seconds due to lag. But you are right we could have gotten a reward nonetheless after that point as Mesanna's cream pies were then being provided - but already have 2 and that is enough. So felt left out from the nifty blue picture souvenir that would have hung on one of my walls and same for a couple other folks ....

My primary invoke to outcry came observing other comments there were more than just 3 of us at that time I know personally that didn't get a picture souvenir due to circumstances described herein (then, combined with the no HumblePies available from Ricardo at the official VirtueBane event) and called shenanigans. So #3 would be the closest within the multiple choice selections. Thanks again.

Maybe not enough magic cigarettes Aj maybe not enough - not sure :p

6. Duane I Am

Duane I Am Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

BAD ASS ENDING BENNU!!!!!!!!!!
    You know you had me all messed up for a minute whe the Time Lord took off his Time Lord regalia. Once again awesome job! THANK YOU for the painting. You know your real people really appreciate it.And with these F%@&in items! You said that you were going to put up the statue. We all had fair FU@#%N warning that you were about to drob this big ass blue statue thats hard to miss.AND AND AND!!! You took down the white one that was deco so that none of the idiots would get confused. But before all that you said no gates there were gates and the statue was still there. Now i forgot what the what the heck i was going to say! And we wonder why she wont come? You f@#&*n @$%^!!!

Thank You Bennu! Love Ya!

7. Ahuaeyjnkxs

Ahuaeyjnkxs stranger diamond

I have a tendancy to take things personally too when it comes to EMs, I usually see it more as a privilege than a job, having been a seer myself in the day ; the sheer imaginative power it unleashes on a creative mind is astounding :)

We had Kanmare, she was writting an AMAZING story with not much knowledge at her disposition, the book of love story, completely from scratch... people on other shards were jealous of us.

Then she starts this intricate storyline with dreams, gets our mind on edge; then gets fired by EA... 3 months later all her stories are being censored on the EM website (maybe it wasn't PG-13) anyways ; the day she was forced to say goodbye with her husband, it was painfully clear she was being forced to go away.

And so did every other EM...

I wonder how long Bennu holds up...

Dude retired the timelord ? :p

8. Kristeen

Kristeen Guest

Hey ther soulstoned ya got another chance haha i see 2 of thos picturs on one vendor for 100,000,000 a pece ya can hav e2! I think they be willin to trade for other than gold so you better giddy up