1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Addition of snow also broke desolation...

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Lord GOD(GOD), Dec 17, 2008.

1. Again, title says it all.

2. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

I doubt there was much of a choice outside of them creating a separate version of the map. Each Map has 4 variation or more dependent on seasons. One of those is desolation one of the others is Snow. Tram and Fel use the same map except for the toggle for desolation or not.

3. Dol'Gorath

Dol'Gorath Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Felucca can be alive for the first time in 8 years!
    I think it's a nice temporary thing before the whole world dies again.

4. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

Maybe they SHOULD go ahead and make 4 versions of each facet map (facetw00.dds, facetsp00.dds, facetsu00.dds, faceta00.dds (examples based on KR file setup)), have one big patch to get them down (or patch them in over the course of a year as the seasons change) and have a routine that changes the facet map called based on the calendar timeframe for the local server.

But that's just me.

5. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

You don't see anything like this?

[​IMG]

6. Oriana

Oriana Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Tina's pic shows the same thing I see in Fel. Plenty of cold desolate land. Nothing growing there.

[​IMG]

7. Tina/Oriana: It is possible to turn the 'fel look' of fel off, it removes tombstones making it easier to run around. This (along with many other things in the cfg file) are no longer working. So yes thats what I see now, but shouldn't be with it still off in the file for that char.