1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Additional Guild Wars 2 store items revealed

Discussion in 'GW2 General Discussions' started by Zosimus, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Zosimus

Zosimus Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Some new items are revealed today by ArenaNet at the online store :)

A huge thank you goes to Massively's Justin Olivetti for having this article up.

2. Is the deluxe version worth the 2k in gems? The Tome of Influence and the Elite skill are the only ones that interest me. How much Influence does the Tome give? Any details on that?

3. Zosimus

Zosimus Grand Inquisitor

From the wiki on the Tome of Influnce:

The Tome of Influence is a one-time use item that will add 1,000 Influence to the guild you are currently representing

You can trade gold for gems so that may be the cheaper route but longer when it comes to other things they will have in the gem store..

So if things have been calculated right you can buy 800 gems for 10 bucks. Basically you will pay 30 dollars to upgrade to get 2400 gems. The standard edition is at 60 dollars and the deluxe edition is at 80 dollars so it's cheaper to buy the deluxe edition if a person has not bought GW2 yet.

4. It appears they updated the wiki soon after I posted. :)

Looks like I will be out $5 by upgrading. The rest of the gems I can use for bank tabs as I was planning on spending some cash. The extra 1k influence will help to get upgrades sooner. I may do that.

#4 Lord Balandar, Aug 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2012
  5. Zosimus

Zosimus Grand Inquisitor

The extra character slot are not to bad for 800 gems. I never thought how many slots you could buy or if there is a limit. lol