1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Adjustment to Alacrity (blue) scrolls - MINIMUM gain of at least 1.0 plz

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Eric Ravenwind, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Eric Ravenwind

Stratics Veteran Gilfane

2. Quickblade

Quickblade Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

that means If I find an alacrity, you want it to be worth more than a 3,0 sot? A bit exagerating the gains from 0,2 and 0,5 are fine like they are(or at extreme I could see 0,2 to maximum 1.0 but not minimum). Alacrities are easy to get : maps, clean up brit. and Also they stop counting time when you log out with your character, so used wisely, an alacrity can last weeks...

#2 Quickblade, Mar 5, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
    legendsguy likes this.
  3. kongomongo

kongomongo Lore Master
    Professional Campaign Supporter

Why not just ask for a 100.0 SoT buyable at NPC vendor for 1k gold?

4. Mandrake of DF

Mandrake of DF Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

The alcatry is a gamble, and should be that way! If you want garanteed gains, we got pink scrolls that you can spend money on instead.

Irulia Darkaith likes this.
  5. BeaIank

BeaIank Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

This.
    I am training my bard through GGS, and I have eaten an alacrity peace scroll weeks ago.
    I still have 6 minutes left from it, and I have gained about 9 points so far. A few more days and I will hit 120 and move to discordance, using the same tactic.

6. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran CasteoftheForgotten

No offense, but weeks to train to 120 peace??? WEEKS! My last bard was 4x120 in less than a week.

7. BeaIank

BeaIank Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

I have another 7 characters in training.
    I simply can't stand spending hours in a row standing at my house, casting the same spell over and over, so I decided that I would train that bard one GGS at a time while I trained my other characters doing fun stuff like hunting for that bloody golden pickaxe thingy.

I am not in a hurry to see that bard fully trained.

Gorbs and Irulia Darkaith like this.
  8. RaDian FlGith

RaDian FlGith Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I mean, I think Alacrity Scrolls are just fine the way they are, but I think it's hysterical that one of the first comparisons is:

OP Asks for them to be a minimum gain of 1.0 for 15 minutes of skill gain...

Someone else jumps in and says, "So you want it to be equal to a 3.0 SoT."

Yes, because only in UO does 1.0 = 3.0.

Lord Frodo likes this.
  9. Roland Of Gilead

Roland Of Gilead Seasoned Veteran
    Governor Stratics Veteran

they obviously mean 1.0 per gain with blue scroll which would give u over 3.0 quite possibly out of one blue scroll.as it is u can get over 1.0 easily enough out of 1 blue scroll so they are fine to meAnd yes i agree if u got 1.0 skill per gain while using blue scrolls then sure they would be better than a 3.0 sot except in a few skills maybe like taming and even that really.U can simply log in use scroll get yer 1.0 gain and log out saving the remaining scroll time to use for your quick 1 gain per day an stretch it thereby gaining u over the 3.0 from a sot....ive done it.

10. kongomongo

kongomongo Lore Master
    Professional Campaign Supporter

Totally OOC but you Sir, have an AWESOME name. Long days and pleasant nights, sai Roland!

11. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Getting a little deep in here, sure is a good thing I have my hip wadders on.

Spiritless likes this.
  12. Irulia Darkaith

Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

So Eric, first you post asking for the ability to get your skills up through buying soulstones, now the Alacrity scrolls just aren't "alacritous" enough for you. I'm detecting a trend here....are you in a rush or something? You could always make Test Centre your new home, no skill training required, everything you want just appears in your bank box.

Lord Frodo likes this.
  13. Cetric

Cetric Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

this Erik guy has strange suggestions..

14. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

What he was suggesting was not that you gain 1.0 from it..... But that The timer does not run out until you have gained at LEAST 1.0 or in that 15 min you are "guaranteed" to gain at least 1.0.

15. Quickblade

Quickblade Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

yea IM down for that, an alacrity should at least give a guaranteed gain, example when you hit 110 animal taming its getting harder even an alacrity cannot guarantee you a gain in that 15 minutes.

16. Njjj

Njjj Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

That was how I took yhe question as well. It can be annoying when you eat a scroll, and have a bad run in with the rng and wind up with only one or two .2s.

That said, I just buy another scroll and keep it moving. Usually have better luck the next time.