1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Advanced Character token on Siege ?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Ginsu's, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Ginsu's

Ginsu's Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

seen this on a vendor :rant2:

[​IMG]

2. Hoffs

Hoffs Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

These have been on Siege ever since they came out as part of the 8th Anniversary package (?). However, they were only able to be used for a very brief period. Along with the Character Transfer Tokens, you could take them to the Travel Agent at Brit bank and get a Seventh Anniversary item token in exchange. No idea why anyone would want to pay 1.8 million for them. There are still plenty around.

A few months back I asked Cal if they could enable these tokens for Siege again. He said he would look into it, but I have not heard anything since.

3. Symma

Symma Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

LOL is that Righty's vendor?

Cheeky git :p

4. OldAsTheHills

OldAsTheHills Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

If this item shortens the development time of a new character's template, then the item's price makes sense!

But, short of buying the gold with CASH or trading xshard, a new character really is not buying this item anytime soon.

It could just be expensive deco.

*stares*
    Yahaxithonix

5. Raptor85

Raptor85 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

well, they don't work here, so it's really just expensive decor :D

6. Kas Althume

Kas Althume Crazed Zealot

I have plenty of there aswell. I never traded them. There is no point in trading 1 useless item for another one.

7. Hoffs

Stratics Veteran Gilfane

The Sammy Helm you can get from a 7th token is by no means useless. Good resists, 15 DCI, and room to imbue another property.

8. Raptor85

Raptor85 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

last i tried you couldnt imbue them, and they were worth about 50k

9. Hoffs

Stratics Veteran Gilfane

It always works for me. I tried it just now, putting LRC-18 on two helms. First was with a helm I had lying around. For the second I exchanged a Character Transfer Token and redeemed it for a helm.

*shrugs*

10. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

I have added LRC to many Sammy helms as well.

Btw, are we certain that Advanced Character Tokens do not CURRENTLY work here again? I tried one and got the following message:

"You cannot choose an advancement template for this character because you have over 200 skill points. If you don't have a way to lower your skill point total, you will have to use this advanced character token on another character."

:eyes:

11. Hoffs

Stratics Veteran Gilfane

I just tried using one on a freshly created character with only the base 100 skill points. On the first attempt I got the same "you have over 200 skill points" message. When I tried it a second time I got a "you cannot use this on a Siege ruleset shard".

12. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

What a let-down. That message sure gave me the impression they might be working again. That could have been a good thing for newcomers to Siege. Thanks for testing, though. I didn't have enough soulstones to get my skills below 200 on my remaining characters.

I also tried the Character Transfer Token, but I got a message saying something about not being able to transfer while the warehouse was down. I thought for a minute I was gonna blast off when I got the initial gump! Haha

13. Luka Melehan

Luka Melehan Certifiable
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Campaign Patron

I was looking at the gamecodes page recently and it said there that they do not work for SP. I had wondered cause Kelmo has gotton a lot of them thru IDOCs.

Not that I was pilfering thru his stuff or anything....

14. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

BAH ! I remember us all getting the *character transfer* tokens here and was so ticked off, that some one forgot Siege is a no transfer on/off shard that I took all my wonderous chr. transfer tokens and threw em in the snows of Wintermoor as, snowboards and let em decay !

Course little did I know at that time AGES later they would let us turn em in to some npc for something we COULD, more or less use here ! Not that I cared, tossin em in the snows of Wintermoor [in angry QZ EA customer protest, the moment we got the stupid things], just to let em decay, as useless siege snowboards, felt SOO GOOD !