1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Advice on crafting a Bow for Dragons

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by mark4583, Mar 18, 2013.

1. mark4583

mark4583 Visitor

I want to craft a Bow to farm destard , some advice on what I should do, I was thinking frostwood with the frost dmg, from what I can see there lowest resist is poisen the cold dmg. what else should I add and should I do a composite or another one,
    I can make the bow but my imbue isnt high enough for slayers
    Thanks

2. RazicGL

RazicGL Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

A few choices here.... really you will want to be at 120 imbue to make a decent bow. personally I use Comp bows but there are other options. The mods on there will depend on the character. The one I made was for an ABC archer that had super high stamina and SSI so I got away with none on the bow, this meant that I could have high mana leech, well higher. For me I did Dragon Slayer , Hit mana Leech, Hit Lower defence, Staming Leech and Fireball.

Didn't matter about damage type as I keep EoO and Cons wep up so damage output is hitting the lowest resist. List the template you will be using to farm and I will tell ya what I think will make a decent bow.

Thanks,

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  3. Grace of Minoc

Grace of Minoc Journeyman

If you have a GM fletcher, kill juka lords and loot their bows. With gears you can turn them into slayers. You will get all the slayer bows you need that way eventually but just know that the imbuing weight is 450 as they are not exceptional for when your imbuing is higher as you will want to add stuff like ssi, damage increase, etc.

It is a great way to get free slayers tho!

4. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Note that you can imbue them, THEN use the gears, to get 450 PLUS the slayer property. However, the slayer will be random. If you have the ingredients, it might be worth the effort.

5. mark4583

mark4583 Visitor

Ok im still kinda new to this, I get the Bow from the juka lords and, the gears are drops or the tinker made? then how do I use these.
    Been googleing this stuff but I cant seem to find a lot on it except the basics.
    Thanks again

6. Grace of Minoc

Buy gears from an npc tinker, target bow for the curser then target gear. Bow turns blackish color and you will see the slayer it has on it.

7. Grace of Minoc

hmmm come to think of it, didn't they say the imbuing weight for archery weapons are going to get raised in the next publish? If so, wonder if that is for exceptional bows only or if the non-exceptional bows get a boost too.

Anyone know off hand?

8. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Aren't exceptional bows going to a max of 550 imbuing intensity on the current pre-publish 81 on TC?

kRUXCg7 likes this.