1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Advice on exactly what "clean" item`s/stats are highly sought after

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Mitzlplik_LS, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Mitzlplik_LS

Mitzlplik_LS Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Nov 11, 2010
    After stumbling on a post in traders hall listing some pics of clean rings/bracelets I was amazed at how much they are going for. I am sure I have tossed out some of the very ones with high price tags just thinking they were worthless. This for example: Stam 5 DCI 15 SSI 5 with -100 luck. Doesn`t look like much to me but....... The bid for that one is 10 mill?!

So after looking thru some of the jewelry posted there I must ask...... What do you guys loot and sell? I am pretty sure I have already thrown away a small fortune,so would like some advice from the masses on exactly what most people are looking for in a clean piece. Also..... does -100 luck matter to alot of people? I know no one likes cursed/unable to repair and brittle......

Enquiring minds would like to know! Thanks ;)
  2. Ender76

Ender76 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

May 16, 2008
    Anything with stats you can't craft / imbue. SSI / stam on jewels. Splintering, etc.
  3. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

May 21, 2008
    Yes, -100 luck is a. detractor. It takes up a mod and when you want one particular mod, you want nothing else so you can imbue 4 other mods.

Mods people want: basically max values of a mod that are above what you can imbue. Examples are rings and bracelets with only 10 SSI, 20 HCI, 20 DCI, 10 STR, 10 DEX, 10 INT, FCR 4. Some of these no longer spawn since they tweaked the loot system. If there are other mods, you want ones that link together like HCI with SSI.
  4. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Jul 16, 2003
    -100 luck is only a detractor when an item is 5 mods or less.

I find more 6-8 positive mod jewels with far better than I could imbue, with -luck on them, than I do 1-5 clean mod jewels that have any imbuing potential that I could have done as easily starting with a tinker-crafted item.

So, for stuff to loot for imbuing: -100 luck bad, unless you intend to imbue luck on it.
    For Stuff already with too many mods to imbue: -100 luck means absolutely nothing.