1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Aegis.. Ten Years Later

Discussion in 'UO Catskills' started by Ludes, Jun 1, 2014.

1. Ludes

Ludes Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Aegis on Catskills
    Return to: Catskills

Aegis is a glade to the southeast of the Yew Moongate. It is home to the Knights of Yew. Most of the Buildings within the Glade belong to the Knights. The Aegis Hall is the guildhall of the Knights of Yew. Knights’ Rest is a tavern and inn run by The Knights. The Aegis Gardens is a place for meditation and reflection. The Chapterhouse is a home of the Order of Saint Gideon and a place for healing, learning and worship.Aegis was founded as soon as Lord British lifted the ban on construction in Trammel. Aegis has been the front lines in Wars against the Orc’s, Drow and the hoards of Artarion.All well intentioned visitors are warmly welcomed by the Knights. On Monday nights the Knights’ host a tavern night for the well intentioned to enjoy the glade and relax. Our Open Hand Mead is often enjoyed, as is Minocian Stout and Empath Abbey Wine. (ooc: Please keep in Mind we are a role-playing guild and ask visitors to roleplay as well)

UPDATED: February 29, 2004

[​IMG]

Update May 2014 by Ludes, Catskills Reporter

As part of my reporter duties I decided to visit Aegis and see how this town has stood the passages of time. I was pleased to see the town, while slightly smaller, still stands.

It still sits in the beautiful glade south of the Yew moongate and host one of the oldest and most restful gardens in all of Britannia.
    One note of interest is the name of the seahorse living in the pond. Surprisingly familiar….

Needless to say I was very happy to see this town still alive and well. and I plan to visit it often.

[​IMG]

2. Aedon Durreah

Aedon Durreah Village of Aegis
    Stratics Veteran

The sea horse is still there, but at least Kasaven removed the kraken. At this time there are a total of only 8 houses which make up Aegis. In her heyday the Glade had 43 houses which included the Knights Hall, Chapel of Gideon, The Knights Rest Tavern, the Saints and Spirits Tavern, a Library and a Museum.

Pandora_CoD likes this.
  3. Pandora_CoD

Pandora_CoD Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend CoD

Could you update a map Aedon for us? :)

4. Aedon Durreah

Aedon Durreah Village of Aegis
    Stratics Veteran

I can try, but in all truth I suck as such things. shhhhh it is a secret.

What is still there.

The Knights Rest---Closed
    Knights Hall-AKA Connemara
    RBGY is in the old Aegis Gardens spot
    Theo's House-Citizen of Aegis
    Llyrwech's House-Citizen of Aegis
    The two Library buildings towards the back of Aegis-Owned by one of the original members of KOY.

May be one other I am missing, will check later on.

#4 Aedon Durreah, Jun 2, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
    Pandora_CoD likes this.
  5. Pandora_CoD

Pandora_CoD Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend CoD

Thank you! If you need help, let me know. Be happy to provide my graphical expertise. :D