1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Aesthetics matter

Discussion in 'UHall' started by chad, Jul 22, 2013.

1. chad

chad Sage
    Stratics Veteran

So, what are the chances that a tool is created to allow for people to change the art of clothes? For example, you want the mods from a conjurers garb, but you want it to look like a skirt. You wouldn't be able to stack garbs of course. Just make the art different, but it still equips to the robe slot. Or, a replica sash to look like a jin-baori. It's depressing to me that 90% of people are wearing a robe. No diversity these days :'(

Lyconis, Duncan Drake and Viquire like this.
  2. Skunk

Skunk Sage
    Stratics Veteran BREW

We have always worn robes.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

G.v.P likes this.
  3. Vexxed

Vexxed Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

16th YEAR VET REWARD..... Tailoring Transmogrifier or some such... Then we could all be amazed at the half dozen people walking around with Garbs as skirts or some such heh. I like the idea though & would honestly enjoy being one of the half dozen!

4. chad

chad Sage
    Stratics Veteran

A quick browse through an old photobucket account and I can see a ton of diversity in my old outfits.
    [​IMG]

5. Promathia

Promathia EM Bennu Fanclub
    Premium Stratics Veteran

I would have to think, a robe wouldnt be able to be turned into anything that doesnt go in the robe slot. Same thing goes for any of the other clothing.

6. Vexxed

Vexxed Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Me thinx Chad just likes to wear skirts .... ! = P

Duncan Drake, startle and chad like this.
  7. chad

chad Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Well, it can. The issue that comes to mind is if you chose your robe to look like a skirt, you could potentially wear a kilt over your skirt. Every item has a particular slot that it equips to. You can change the graphic of an item, and still have it equip to its original slot. The thing is, you will have a layering issue. Someone will look a little funny wearing a kilt over their skirt. I'm sure the developers are more than capable of coming up with a solution though.

Tamais likes this.
  8. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I would very much like to see options besides robes topped with half aprons. Belts, kilts, long sir coats, and yes I would like a way to hav ethem take the place of a crimmy, tangle, conj robe, or whatever. Not that I think it is a high priority at this moment, but the asking has been going on for quite some time.

9. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Not a vet reward. That would just be obnoxious.

chad likes this.
  10. Vexxed

Vexxed Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Obnoxious because you think such an item should exist but not just as a Vet Reward...

Or

You just don't want to see such an item in the game?

11. Ducky Momo

Ducky Momo Journeyman

I wish there was a box like in moonglow for vet robes. Make a Robe into a dress or kimono or what have you. An apron into a belt, obi, etc

yars likes this.
  12. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I love to see such an item in the game. Making it a vet reward is the part I don't like. Let alone a 16 year one.

13. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I've always said that you ought to be able to alter any item into another of the same slot. Keeping the properties... you can't of course make a non-med item in to a med item or vice versa but you ought to be able to make a crimmy into a woodland belt.... a robe into a dress... etc..

Andrasta likes this.
  14. Luvmylace

Luvmylace Sage
    Stratics Veteran

doubt it would happen because mods on the cursed ,brittle and cannot be repaired clothing etc could be switched to plain

15. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

How about every character needing to use the QOF for that 5% DCI? That's almost as bad as everyone wearing a robe ;P.

I think the best way to reduce the number of robes, etc., is to limit hard caps on things like MR, DCI, etc., that way people don't feel the need to slap on a 2 MR 5% DCI robe, and the like. You could limit the hard caps but raise the value of the mod so that maybe 8 MR is the new hard cap but 1 MR = 2 MR in value of regeneration, so 8 MR is really like 16 MR. Again, it wouldn't be that easy, because you have to consider how all of the different mods work together...but, if you had a hard cap of 8 MR, slapping on a robe might not be as appealing (except then you can just focus on armor only mods like eaters, etc, so yeah, I don't know...lol would require a lot of balance).

16. Goldberg-Chessy

Goldberg-Chessy Crazed Zealot

Huh?

Reconfigure and rebalance all those items/mods just so a half dozen bank sitters can play Fashion Barbie?

Riiiiight....

The Mule and Skunk like this.
  17. Duncan Drake

Duncan Drake Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Id also like the option to make some items.... Especially those must haves like mace & shield reading glasses be dyed invisible. A warrior fully equipped with platemail wearing some dull goggles.... Is.... Merely a bad joke.

Or let us imbue or reforge hld on helmets

18. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

LOL I remember dress uniforms for guilds some of us still use them. But we (the guildleaders) would get together and see what looked best for us.

Viquire likes this.
  19. whiterabbit

whiterabbit Stratics Legend
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter PITMUCK

meees hates robes

20. Shamus Turlough

Shamus Turlough Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I have removed a few posts that were not in the spirit of the thread. While I didn't hand out any warnings, please consider this a public warning to keep this thread civil.

chad and Storm like this.
  21. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

shrugs...lol. that's probably why we'll always be wearing robes ;D

22. Aran

Aran INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION!
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend -A-

I've been wearing a robe since 2000 and that's not about to change.

23. chad

chad Sage
    Stratics Veteran

That's the beauty of the proposed system. If you like robes, you don't need to change anything.

AppleJax likes this.