1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

After baja revert

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Lady Tiger, May 22, 2010.

1. Lady Tiger

Lady Tiger Guest

after the revert on baja yesterday my teleporter tiles I bought yesterday morning are no longer ingame. I went to EA support and still they dont' want to replace the tiles. Any ideas on how to solove this problem?

2. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

If it's true you might need to PM one of the devs here with the code you used to buy it. Or you could keep trying to contact a GM, but word your message carefully. Do not use the word lost :p

3. Tinsil

Tinsil Guest

You did what you could by posting here.. Hopefully someone who will actually do something will see it. Wouldn't waste your time anymore on GMs.

4. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

"We are unable to replace lost items"

You're screwed.

5. beastmaster that was just evil

6. yars

yars Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

wasnt that whole point of the revert?
    to replace lost items?
    wow epic failure at its finest

7. Percivalgoh

Stratics Veteran

I would try resubmitting the code to reobtain the items

8. Tinsil

Tinsil Guest

Hurt some. Help some! :lol: The day they reverted for just luna on GL I lost 2 glacial hair dyes.. Was like my luckiest day at Mel.. Basically played all day. :(

Then, the next day they gave revert event shirts out for like 30 mins with no warning, and I didn't even get one.

9. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

That probably won't work as I think the promotional code system is a different server.

I would certainly try PM a dev, You paid for the item so deserve a full refund or a new item.

10. Demonous

Demonous Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010

e-mail mesanna

11. Dryzzid of Atlantic

Dryzzid of Atlantic Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I had this very same problem when Atlantic lost a day at the beginning of the Ranger/Warden of the Abyss event, April 6th I believe the day was. I had ordered a Smuggler's Edge and Earrings of Protection and used my codes and got my items. The shard reverted and my codes still said they were already used. No help from in-game help option, bounced e-mails back and forth with customer service to no avail, and finally called EA.

The rep. I got was very helpful but said he had to send my problem up to the next tier of customer service. I've been waiting just shy of a week for a response.

12. Tinsil

Tinsil Guest

Well Dryzzid I think you made the OP feel very hopeful.

13. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I would be certain that the devs will sort this out. Unfortunately it is the weekend though.
    So OP and Dryzzad, PM or email the devs. They will likely fix the problem a lot faster than the CSR.

14. Report it as a fraudulent charge to your credit card company.

15. Evlar

Evlar Guest

I believe they (EA CS), have the thesaurus definitions readily available for every variant or alternate meaning for the word "lost".

Oh... and here's the customer support training video ;)

[YOUTUBE]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Oj8RIEQH7zA&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Oj8RIEQH7zA&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

16. yars

yars Lore Keeper

always a classic, a little monty python never hurt anyone

17. Evlar

Evlar Guest

Hmm... would be interesting to know exactly where the "consumer" stands there really. Especially given various test cases around the world regarding "virtual" property.

From what I gather by EA's "rules", all in-game content is their property. So in effect, buying items from the game store, equates to giving them money for nothing. You're not getting anything tangible in return. Paying a monthly subscription is a different kettle of fish... there at least you're paying for a "service". Regardless of the "rules", I wonder how someone's consumer rights are affected in their given country?

Problem here as I see it... if one person "wins" and gets their items back, due to a technical problem (bugs, glitches, reverts, etc...) with the game, IE - they accept liability for the loss - then is not anyone else who's ever "lost" any items, due to a technical problem, entitled to the same replacements and "protection" from loss?

I wish the OP luck, I really do, but when you have in game item content "for sale" for real $$$, unprotected in any form against technical faults, then it's a big 'ole can 'o worms. :(

18. Vampyre Kitty

Vampyre Kitty Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Tiger~ I had the same problem.. I bought a hairdye token used it.. and we reverted lol.. I called EA and the rep was really nice.. he couldn't generate a new token code so he reversed the charge on my cc.. perhaps give them a ring and they can do this for you too.? Hope this helps :)

19. Lord Raven

Lord Raven Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

That can backfire... and if EA blacklists the card# they won't be able to use it again to purchase items or play the game.

I'd leave that as a last resort after giving customer service a chance.

20. Haddy G

Haddy G Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

They will ban the account. Best to take the loss or hope a Dev hooks you up.

21. Zosimus

Zosimus Grand Inquisitor

I made this argument yesterday but all the pixel crack rare junkies thought that was more important then anybody else's time or skill gain in the game. I hope you get your teleporter tiles back or at least a new code. Message Mesanna since she is suppose to make things right.

22. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

Hopefully you're in the U.S. If so, call Customer Service (1-866-543-5435) during the week and talk to a representative. While you're on hold, don't be tempted into using the "live chat" support that the pre-recorded announcement will tells you about while you wait. I don't think the "live chat" support people know much, if anything, about UO.

23. Well...that's just it. They reverted an entire shard because some house owners in Luna lost some things, and apparently they didn't consider the fact that there were more people playing the shard than the 20-30 people that own houses in Luna.

I am not saying that the shard should not have been reverted, but if they are willing to screw every single other player on the shard to benefit those few people...then they should make good and replace whatever anyone else on the shard claims that they lost due to the revert.

Also...you are probably right, disputing the charge on the credit card would probably end badly for the customer (it shouldn't...that's what BUYER protection is supposed to be for).

There isn't much the OP can do here...EA essentially stole this person money, and screwed anyone that doesn't own a Luna house, just to take care of a handful of customers...and I read in another thread somewhere that there was no favoritism in the game rolleyes:

24. Tinsil

Tinsil Guest

As I said above Morgana, last time they reverted GL I lost some great drops and a whole day's worth of play.. Then I got called "selfish" because I didn't care that much about the mega billionaires in Luna compared to the hundreds who lost play and didn't own a house in Luna.. rolleyes:

No win situation I guess for those involved.. Just like last time.

25. I remember when my account was hacked, and I lost everything...my large tower in Fel, years worth of things I had collected, rare items, you name it.

Did the shard get reverted? Did the GMs even act like they cared? Nope.

I just don't understand why they would revert an entire shard to benefit a few players, and then do NOTHING to compensate those that lost things in the revert...especially those that PAID THEM CASH MONEY for those things.

26. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Hmmmmmm. They revert because the problems that occurred were their fault. They don't do reverts if problems that occur are not their fault.

27. Tinsil

Tinsil Guest

Glad to see someone share the same view I do.. I was not very popular in the thread last year!

It just seems like the lazy way to fix things.. Is there not some way if they have the data from earlier on, that they could just replace the items that were lost in the houses? Sure it might take a GM or two ACTUALLY doing something, but still.. Even then stuff happens..

I remember I lost my hundreds of mills event item (Avenger Hallebarte) once because it wasn't insured and I logged into the Brit invasion years ago.. No one replaced that for me.... I got an account once from somebody else.. Somehow they got it back deleted everything.. No help then either. Could go on and on.

Edit: The 2nd problem of mine was completely their fault. They gave someone the account who hadn't paid for it in over a year and was not on any of the information. And don't even mention the joke of an account transfer service.. Read the recent thread on here about that!

28. Did you read what the OP posted?

She paid for an item through the code store, got it, and then THEY reverted the shard. She certainly didn't revert the shard. Anything that was lost due to that revert was their fault.

I fully understand that when my account was hacked that it wasn't their fault...but in this particular case, the OP should be compensated...since she lost her item that she paid for because they were compensating other players.

29. Tinsil

Tinsil Guest

It wasn't the players fault who lost items when they reverted the server either. Where is their replacement?

Good counter argument huh?

30. I think they COULD do what you are suggesting...I just don't think they WOULD.

It's a bad situation anytime there is a revert. Heck, back in the old days of UO, you would log out somewhere safe...like your house, or an inn...and wake up in Destard the next time you logged in!!! Everything you did for the last 2 days was gone...and of course, you died instantly, so whatever you had on you was gone too :lol:

I fully understand that things happen, and that reverts are necessary...but when a customer complains after a revert, they should err on the side of customer service, and just replace the item(s) the customer is claiming they lost. I mean, they reverted an entire shard to help one group of players out...why not?

31. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Will likely be fixed either by the devs or through a refund by the accounting department. Good answer huh? lol

32. Tinsil

Tinsil Guest

No it won't. They didnt fix it for me when I lost items in game due to their problem. They won't fix it for the rest of everyone else this time either.

I'm not talking about the OP's problem specifically.. I'm saying ANYONE who lost items/time/etc by them reverting the entire shard.. It was not the player's fault either.

33. Its a catch-22. At some point, they are going to tell someone "We cannot replace lost items blah blah blah..." They always have, they probably always will. The problem is, who do they tell this too without being DEAD WRONG?

The players that lost items due to a glitch (the people that own the Luna houses)?

The players that lost items due to the revert that was their fault because they were fixing a glitch that caused the people that own the Luna houses to lose items?

Either way you go, if they tell one group 'Yes! It was our fault, let us fix it for you"...and then tell the other "We cannot replace lost items blah blah blah" it is clearly wrong...just plain WRONG.

34. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Sure they will. Difference here is the OP payed for an item code.

35. I don't see the difference.

My time is worth money. If I spend 4 hours playing UO, and lose everything I gained in that 4 hours...I lose FAR more than what these code store items are worth. My time, if I were at work, for 4 hours would be worth more than I pay for UO in three years.

36. Tinsil

Tinsil Guest

What're you talking about "sure they will"? They didn't replace items for people who lost them like because of the revert last time, nor did they refund anyone for days played...

And yes, situation of OP is bad too.

37. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

They didn't, no. Which I agree sucks and unfair if they were in no way affected by the initial problems. But the OP payed for a specific item from EA/Mythic through their own store. The OP payed cash for that item. Mythic's revert took that back away from them hours after purchasing it. They indirectly went back on that deal and in the end they have the money the OP payed for that item and the OP doesn't have that item. Before over this issue it ended with a refund.

38. yars

yars Lore Keeper

make a post like they did and cry for help put dev in the title. i personally dont care about "rares" they belong in a EA/Mythic museum, but thats just me. real money should overide pixel money anyday

39. Zosimus

Zosimus Grand Inquisitor

Notice the ones that cried for the revert to help to ge their pixels back have not posted in this thread . Why? Because they got their stuff back while everybody else that is supposedly part of the community was screwed for time played, items gained and skill gains all for not. I was certainly bashed by their justifications after I posted in that thread complaining and told to simmer down basically. Mesanna still didnt reply to justify anything for other players losses for the few at luna. Now lets see if one of those rare collectors come here and justify that their pixels are worth more then a code that was paid for by a CC and lose that item.

40. LordDrago

LordDrago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

OP, I suggest you try customer service and Mesanna again on Monday. Most companies have limited CS support on weekends, and sometimes, those agents working weekends are not the most experienced (depends on a lot of factors).

I suspect that you will be made right in this matter. Good luck and please let us know how it goes. :)

41. maroite

maroite Guest

If thats true then Baja should have never been reverted in the first place. The reason it was rolled back is because some people lost a lot of rares in their houses.

I lost a Protector of the Battle Mage I had gotten. Rather annoyed about that. Just goes to show how horrible and out dated UO's coding is. rolleyes:

42. JC the Builder

JC the Builder Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

If you used a code then EA will be able to tell and give you your items back. Whoever handled your ticket didn't read the right paragraph from their customer service manual.

Make sure you inform them you paid for a token and the items were lost during a shard revert.