1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Alacrity help

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Sweeney, Nov 16, 2008.

1. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

I ate an alacrity yesterday.. and gained 15 times before it crapped out. I still had time left on the scroll, and logged out until the next day's RoT. I then never gained a thing after 3 times of trying, logging out for 15 mins, and trying again. I am wondering if there is a better science to this scroll than just trying and logging out. It seems to me that there is a cap, even if I only gained 15 times and only 4.7 in skill with time left on the scroll.

Even during RoT I have never before tried to gain over and over, and never get .1 in skill. Please help a semi-newbie out.

2. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

what skill, what level and what are you doing to gain?

3. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

It was magery, about 95.7ish.. too late now to do anything about it. But It's annoying how I forced myself to not play, only to not gain at all, even during RoT. I was casting gate and EV (Even tried casting spells with a -27 mage weapon, no luck).

On a side note even after setting Eval to gain, I haven't gained at all tonight. I feel gipped.

4. Petra Fyde

erm, you do have points free I assume?

You wouldn't be the first, nor I suspect the last, to curse and fume over no gains and then blushingly realise you've hit skill cap.

Been there - and anyone who claims he hasn't is quite possibly lying :D

5. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

No comment.
    :dunce:

6. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

Eh don't worry too much. It was only on the last 45 seconds or so.. I'll make it up to ya.

7. RedDaTeef

RedDaTeef Guest

Did you do it at your house and log out immeadiatly after you got a gain?

Did you gain any other skills that same day?

You should have got alot more than 15 individual gains, I think.

Did you have the skill room to gain as Petra- suggested?

I don't want you to pay me back, it's just i wanted you to get the full use out of that scroll.

8. Petra Fyde

Red, I think the 'no comment' is the equivelant of 'taking the 5th', unspoken admission of guilt, especially with the addition of the :dunce: smiley :D

:lol: we've *all* been there I think.

9. Goron

Goron Guest

heh, at least thats better than having a soulstone mistake...
    (How was I supposed to know there were 40 points in some random skill???:eek:)