1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Alacrity question

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Scuzzlebutt, Dec 3, 2008.

1. Scuzzlebutt

Scuzzlebutt Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Just wondering if they changed the way alacrities worked with RoT. I am not inexperienced with using alacrities to max out RoT gains. I have used several scrolls successfully to gain a 30 points in a skill from one alacrity in a couple days, but this was several months ago. This morning when i used one I was at 70 lockpicking and after 14 attempts I am at 75 and seemed to have run out of gains. Yes I have the skill pointing up and yes I have the skill points available to gain. Is it possible they changed the way alacrities work so that RoT is now based off of a limit of 5.0 skill points gained per day and not 50 individual skill gains?

2. Hoffs

Hoffs Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

No, they still work the same. Possibly you had used your total gains for the day? Had you been training anything else since the start of the ROT gain period? Where you picking chests of high enough difficulty?

3. Scuzzlebutt

Stratics Veteran

It is the only skill I have gained in rot. Let me ask you, when was the last time you used an alacrity, cause after looking through some past posts I found this and this. Was thinking maybe they snuck something in on us.

4. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I'm using one right now, I got over 7.0 skill points yesterday, so I don't think the 5.0 cap is valid

5. Hoffs

Hoffs Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

I used one just under a week ago.

6. Scuzzlebutt

Stratics Veteran

Ill see what happens after the rot resets tonight.

7. Falon of Eldor

Stratics Veteran

I used one for Trick or Treat/Begging.......no problems and no cap at 5 points.....Good luck!

8. Scuzzlebutt

Stratics Veteran

Bad macro, it was set to unlock the wrong level box. :blushing: