1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Alacrity Scrolls On Siege

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Val'lyn De'ana, May 4, 2015.

1. Val'lyn De'ana

Val'lyn De'ana Seasoned Veteran

Hey everyone, spotted a little discussion on GC in regards to alacrity scrolls. Missed too much of the convo to get a good understanding of how they work here and didnt want to ask them to repeat.

So I figured since I am between my regularly scheduled RoT gains, I'd pop in to ask.

So how do they work here? Did I hear right?

Get gain, log out/log in, get gain, rinse repeat for 15 minutes?

Help this newbie :)

-Val'lyn

2. Marisa Kirisame

Marisa Kirisame Seasoned Veteran

So I've been told.

3. Ol MacDeezy

Ol MacDeezy Adventurer
    IPKU

4. Marisa Kirisame

70-80 is 5 min
    80-90 is 8 min
    90-100 is 12 min
    100-120 is 15 min

5. Lore Denin (GL)

Stratics Veteran

Erased as it might confuse people - WhiteWitch explains much better (and more accurately in the post below)

-Lore

#5 Lore Denin (GL), May 5, 2015
    Last edited: May 5, 2015
  6. WhiteWitch

WhiteWitch Journeyman

This does work yes, done it many times, logging out freezes the timer, you just wait the RoT time then log back in.

This method works best on skills that do not put you into combat, if its a skill that does not need you to attack anything or be attacked you should be good to gain 10.0+ easily, max amount depends on how fast you can get the gain after logging in and the RNG as to whether you get a stupid run of 0.2 gains instead of lots of 0.5s

If its a skill that requires combat, such as fencing or parrying, you get that 2 minute combat log out timer, if the char stays in world the timer keeps going so you will lose 2 mins each time, due to this the absolute max you could get would be 3.5

VinnySP and Lore Denin (GL) like this.
  7. TheDrAJ

TheDrAJ Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Alpha and Omega

It works best for things you can gain in your house (for the instant log out) but as stated above when you are fighting flagged even in your house you need to wait the 2-3 mins before you log out.

8. Val'lyn De'ana

Does anyone else remember when there was a server line bug that allowed you to get a gain on one side then hop over and get another? If I remember correctly this only happened during power hour (I know old school).

It was funny to see all of the players using this "trick" along the server line just west of the brit gate. Of course back then, the players who had their skills maxed would run around looking for us newbs and KoS :).

-Val'lyn

9. Max Blackoak

Stratics Veteran

I do remember that bug... we used to carry tons of reagents (back then they were actually worth looting) and weapons home after robbing those at the server lines...

Val'lyn De'ana likes this.
  10. Val'lyn De'ana

LOL, I'm sure you got plenty of my regs back then. Did you run around with the Donkeys back then?

-Val'lyn

11. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

ya make sure you insta logout in house or something.
    wait the time period then login and redo - you can make an alacrity go a long way (maybe only need 2)
    also if you cant insta log because flagged but still log out in house but add in the 2 mins to your delay in logging back in.

12. Max Blackoak

Stratics Veteran

could you explain that last bit? I don't get it... :-/

@ Val'lyn De'ana: no. I remember the Donkeys though. We Blackoaks had a large gang of brigands. Usually we asked for peoples gold before attacking them...

13. Val'lyn De'ana

Have to agree with Max on confusion. :danceb:

So if I am training a melee skill in my house against a Daemon (just hit GM level) once I hit the beast, and dispel it (by releasing it on the menu) can I log out and not have to wait before logging back in for another gain?

-Val'lyn

14. Steven35

Steven35 Visitor

The SOA trick works if you are in an area where you can log out instantly. The log out stops the timer (although if you are flagged or in an area where you cannot safely log out, it will not stop the timer until you are actually logged out). This is very effective for crafting skills, as you can log in, craft one item, log out very fast, allowing the SOA to work for hours instead of minutes. (It is also good for poisoning and magery type skills, but it does not help much with combat skills.

15. Reuggan

Reuggan Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Gilfane

If you do a crafting skill or probably most skills that are not combat, you will be logged out of the game almost instantly when you log out (with the logout button). A combat skill, where you have to flag aggressive, you will be logged out of the game after about two minutes, even though you log out on the button after the gain. So doing a crafting skill, you can get a gain using about 10 seconds of the alacrity, so you can get 80-90 gains out of it. With combat skills, you have to wait the two minutes of real time to be logged out, so you can only get 7 or 8 gains out of an alacrity.

16. Steven35

Steven35 Visitor

if you are training melee, you will likely flag and be unable to log out (completely) for 2 minutes. The trick would work, but you would only get approximately 8 gains at accelerated rate before the SOA would expire

17. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I misspoke on saying you should stay logged out the wait time + 2 more mins it took you to log out.
    just logout and wait the correct wait time and login and gain. as other said, you wont get as many gains off of it when you become flagged.

18. Val'lyn De'ana

So I will test it out tonight and let you know what I find out. I bout a Wrestling SoA. I am around 101.5 in wrestling right now.

I stopped getting gains from summoned earth elementals at 100.0 and have moved on to summoning Daemons for my gains. I tested out log out last night from home.

Cast daemon, wrestle it, get gain, dismiss daemon, log out. Never got a message logging out, and as soon as I tried to log in, no message.

The test will follow those steps but hopefully, when I log back in, I'll be able to get another gain immediately. I will also test trying to log out without dismissing the summons (to save on regs and karma).

I'll let you all know what I find.

Hopefully, I can max out my gains and break 110 :)

-Val'lyn

19. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

My experience has been to log in, and use the skill twice as quickly as possible. RoT is pretty exact, but it's not 100%, there are times when 5 minutes later you wont get a gain, but 5 mins and 9 sec's you will.

Val'lyn De'ana likes this.
  20. Marisa Kirisame

For me exact times work. The gain itself is not guaranteed but usually with optimal or easy difficulty three attempts is enough to get a gain. For logout you can have others watch you in a house rather than wasting blues. Maybe there is a way to log out instantly without waiting 2 min after combat.
    You can also gain off pets or golems instead of elems.